Farmhouse back on top in search for Norwich Sunday League title

With the season's end approaching, Farmhouse returned to the top of the Premier Division after goals from Michael Barker, Ollie Forkes and Michael Cullum helped them to a 3-0 win at Norman Wanderers.

Acle Rangers kept their title challenge alive as they scored 10 (Ricky Forder 4, Julian Bussell 3, Ashley Watson, Bradley Hyde, Ben Morgan) when winning at Spixworth Sunday and Dussindale Rovers also won away, 7-3 at Sprowston Rovers.

Aslacton remain top of 1A after Dean Mortimer, Justin Womack, Ed Lake, Adam Edwards and Ben Sterman all found the net in their 5-2 home win over Norman Wanderers Reserves.

Bungay Town, though, remain strong favourites to take the title. Their 5-1 victory at Mad Moose means they remain a point behind Aslacton, but have five games in hand.

An Arran James goal after just three minutes was enough for Windmill Wanderers to take the points at Dancing Farmers and Lloyd Nobbs scored twice and Josh Castlo-Hall also netted as Sporting Longdale won by the odd goal of five at bottom side DCS Rapid. Vale Longo followed up the previous week's away victory by doing the same again as they won 2-1 at Brooke FC.

Schoolhouse took the 1B title in style as they smashed 14 (Chris Hall 3, James Slater 2, Rhys Logan 2, Kieran Delaney 2, Tim Henry 2, Connor Delaney, Leon Brock, Callum Burke) goals past old foes William Wanderers. It's been a dream season for Schoolhouse, who will now hope to cap it by lifting the Sunday Senior Cup at Carrow Road.

Dale Simpson scored the opener and there were late goals for Joe Pattison and Reece Ashman as Bell Inn moved up to third with a 3-1 win over Heartsease FC. Sprowston Wanderers scored four of the seven goals in their game at Taverham United, whilst Acle Rangers Res were 2-0 winners at St Faiths.

Most Read

In 2A, Dilham Cross Keys moved to within a point of leaders Costessey West End. Oliver Bell came off the bench to score a nine-minute hat-trick as they scored 11 without reply at home to Fat Cat & Canary. New Buckenham, second before kick-off, slumped to a 2-0 defeat at home to Micawbers Tavern. Bungay Town Reserves were held to a 2-2 draw by Ketts Tavern Wizards and Newsman Celtic had a good 3-2 (Mitchell McArdle 2, Chris Durrant) victory at The Cottage. Norman Wanderers A will be pleased after taking all three points in a 4-1 win over Constable Crusaders.

Congratulations to Lakewood United. Their 2-0 home win over Rileys FC saw them take the 2B title with a game to spare and follows on from their 3B success from last season.

Elsewhere in the division, Hethersett Athletic were 5-1 (Adam Waters 3, Blair Luther-Veitch, George Bunn) winners at Mettingham FC, for whom Dan Smith replied, Salhouse Rovers beat SDC Utd 4-1 (Jonny Callow, William Callow, Neil Woolner, OG) and Costessey Sports finished their season by moving out of the bottom two after winning 2-1 at Locksley Athletic.

The Middle Green's point in a 1-1 draw at GaGa was enough to take the 3A title in their first season with three games to spare – a birthday present for manager Will Farrow.

Third-placed Mischief are two points behind Gaga with a game in hand after beating Freethorpe 8-2, thanks to goals from Luke Elia (2), Theo Chamberlain (2), Craig Cutting, Troy Grant, Lee Askew and Adam Yaxley, but Dynamo lost ground on the teams above them as they went down 5-3 at Westfield FC.

Reedham FC were 3-2 (Craig Sharman, Simon Burns, Barry Payne) winners at home to Sporting Longdale Res, whilst Brooke Res hit six in a 10-goal thriller at AFC Westlegate.

Congratulations go too Phoenix FC who, in their first season, have taken the Division 3B title after a 2-0 (George Tallent, Jamie Smith) win at Hethersett Athletic Reserves.

Hickling Barn moved up into second spot after scoring six, (including an unstoppable Matt Lown header) of the nine goals in their game with East Tuddenham.

They are now a point ahead of Trimingham Pilgrims with both teams having two games left to play.

Salhouse Rovers Reserves went down to a 2-1 defeat at Cellar House, for whom Scott Tuttle and Tom Dixon scored, and Red Lion produced the result of the day as they gained their first win of the season, beating fourth-placed Silver Fox 4-1.

Sporting Iceni scored five without reply as they overcame Felthorpe.

In the Under-19s Division, Norman Wanderers Youth ended their season with a 5-1 (Ben Siles 3, Felix Leiato, Nathan Jarrett) defeat at Litcham FC, whilst in the C division, I saw the game between Poringland Wanderers and Norwich United.

The home side led at the break, thanks to a Tom Pitchell goal, but United hit back with two quick goals at the beginning of the second half, coming through Aiden Hilton and Augusto Santamaria.

Jordan Gray then added a third before Pitchell grabbed his second for Poringland.

A quality finish from Orren Oliver restored the two-goal cushion before Danny Hogston took advantage of a defensive error to add a fifth.

There was plenty of good football from both sides, but leaders Poringland, who have finished their fixtures, must now wait on the results of others to decide their final position.

Despite having reached the Sunday Junior Cup final, Harleston Town's league form has slumped.

They completed their league season with a fourth successive defeat, 4-0 at home to Scole United.

Ash Maskell, David Palmer, Jacob Sloos and Wojciech Kawa all scored for United.