Easton College to start rugby academy
Easton College will open a rugby academy from September. The course will allow students to complete their academic studies along with the opportunity to improve their rugby skills and further their sporting careers.
Easton College will open a rugby academy from September.
The course will allow students to complete their academic studies along with the opportunity to improve their rugby skills and further their sporting careers.
Easton is taking its sport seriously, having recently opened a tennis centre and new 3G all-weather pitch.
Easton College head of department George Caplan said: "This is just one of several player performance pathways that are being launched at the college this September including sports academy lines in men's and women's football, golf, tennis and swimming. "The college already has an established football learning programme and golf scheme and we are now excited by this next phase in our development.
You may also want to watch:
"We have made a substantial investment in new facilities and now have the infrastructure to support a growing number of sports students."
The rugby course is likely to attract those already competing at club level and includes professional coaching, and the opportunity to gain additional coaching, refereeing and fitness instructor qualifications.
- 1 'Our lives are being destroyed': Neighbours' despair over noisy students
- 2 Pupil taken to hospital after incident at Thorpe St Andrew school
- 3 'The final straw' - Bakery fears closure over council plans
- 4 Norwich named UK's most romantic destination
- 5 City staff facing 'mass burnout' but what is behind the extreme exhaustion?
- 6 Man found dead at Thorpe St Andrew home
- 7 Petrol attack shopkeeper opens spice shop and restaurant in former pub
- 8 Fresh plans for rooftop bar on St Stephens
- 9 Women to boycott city nightclubs amid rise in drink spiking
- 10 Diversions in place on A47 near Norwich due to flooding
Those interested should email rugby academy's Jonny O'Brien at Jobrien@easton-college.ac.uk or call 01603 731218.