City of Norwich throwers get Thames Valley reward
City of Norwich Athletic Club throwers were rewarded for an excellent year at the National Hammer Squad Winter Reunion held at the Thames Valley Stadium, Eton.
Sam Coe received the award for most improved senior men's performance in the UK for 2010, with a throw of 66.07 metres. He is currently 12th in the senior men's UK rankings.
Michael Painter won the under-17 men's hammer event and was also delighted to receive the award for the most improved performance by a youth, with a personal best 65.80m – an improvement of more than four metres.
Callum Brown received a deserved award for most promising youth, as well as second in the under-17 men's hammer event with 63.26m. Brown reversed the positions in the heavy hammer event, winning with a fantastic performance of 22.26m, which ranks him second on the all-time list for the event.
Brown and Painter are ranked the top two youths in the UK under-17 men's hammer and have also achieved IAAF qualification for the under-18 hammer at the World Youth Championships to be held in Lille, France next year.
You may also want to watch:
Both hope to achieve selection for the Great Britain Youth team and a place in the final.
The pair have received funding from the Norfolk Sports Foundation. Michael has also received funding from Broadland District Council.
- 1 Cyclist punched in the face during unprovoked attack turned away by GP
- 2 Murder investigation launched after body of man found in Norwich flat
- 3 Calls for lines to be repainted at 'free-for-all' city roundabout
- 4 Flight bound for Norwich turns back to Aberdeen
- 5 Norwich mum and daughter duo shed 12st
- 6 Teenage stabbing was 'rival gang revenge’ for YouTube videos
- 7 Jets heard roaring over Norwich for training exercise
- 8 Four more roads in Norwich to close for resurfacing work
- 9 New Norwich shisha bar one of the best and cheapest spots for Turkish food
- 10 Armed police called to reports of man with knife