Ceyms hit 14 while Hellesdon manager Chadwick plays the full 90
- Credit: Archant
The top three in Norwich Sunday League Division 2B all recorded big wins at the weekend.
Jack Hurrell and Lewis McKerrell both hit four in Norwich Ceyms' 14-2 win over Sporting Iceni, whilst Hellesdon manager Martin Chadwick had to play a full 90 minutes as his side put six (Sam Chadwick 3, Liam Robinson, Connor Simpson, OG) past Barracks FC.
North Walsham hit seven as they won at FC Viking to remain 14 points behind Ceyms, but with four games in hand. Sprowston Athletic won by the odd goal in three against East Tuddenham and Harleston U21 came away from Bunwell with all three points after winning 3-1.
Woolpack continue to dominate 3A after a 5-1 win against AFC Norwich. Drayton Dazzlers will hope Woolpack slip up after their 3-1 (Ben Hughes 3) win against Nelson moved them into third place. Second-placed Marlborough scored double figures in a 10-1 win at home to Longdale Rovers Reserves. Norman Wanderers A slipped up, drawing 2-2 against Cotman and Eaton Park Corinthians will be delighted to have got their first points of the season, scoring six of the nine goals in their game with Woodton United.
In the Under 19 A division, Watton completed their season, and currently sit top of the table, with a 5-1 win against Swanton Morley. They now have to wait and hope Attleborough slip up in their remaining three games.
You may also want to watch:
However, that looks unlikely on Sunday's showing after a 9-1 win against bottom-of-the-table Heigham Park. Long Stratton took the long trip to Reepham and came away with an 8-1 win, goals coming from James Bemrose (2), Callum Maloney (2), Max Sawyer (2), Caspar King and James Jordan.
Congratulations go to Aylsham Under 19s who took the B section title with a 5-2 home win over St Andrews.
- 1 Pupil taken to hospital after incident at Thorpe St Andrew school
- 2 'Our lives are being destroyed': Neighbours' despair over noisy students
- 3 Tenant's despair as council fixes his windows by screwing them shut
- 4 City staff facing 'mass burnout' but what is behind the extreme exhaustion?
- 5 Norwich named UK's most romantic destination
- 6 Changes in gambling habits see city bookies shutting up shop
- 7 'The final straw' - Bakery fears closure over council plans
- 8 Fresh plans for rooftop bar on St Stephens
- 9 Nearly 4,000 people wait for council homes - but fewer than 200 available
- 10 Fish and chip shop offering battered birthday cake to celebrate 50 years
Goals by Owen Collier (2), Tom Atkin, Stuart Boam, and Toby Oliver saw them win the league with four games to spare. Acle Rangers must win their remaining two games to clinch the runners-up spot after going down 2-1 at Hellesdon U19.
League Cup semi-final draw: DE FC v Norman Wanderers, Vale Longo v Schoolhouse. Both ties will be played on Sunday April 2, 10.30am.