Brondby snap up Canaries’ central defender Dumic
Young Canaries defender Dario Dumic is to return to his native Denmark, with Brondby. 'We can confirm Brondby have made an offer for Dario which has been accepted, but there is still paperwork on-going,' said a City spokesman.
Young Canaries defender Dario Dumic is to return to his native Denmark, with Brondby.
'We can confirm Brondby have made an offer for Dario which has been accepted, but there is still paperwork on-going,' said a City spokesman. 'The deal has not yet been completed.'
The EDP understands that although Dumic, 17, will leave on a free transfer, City have negotiated a substantial sell-on clause for Dumic, with further payment due on appearances.
Brondby's talent chief, Kim Vilfort, has earmarked Dumic for a role with the club's under-19s and reserves team - and a possible replacement for youngster Nicolai Boilesen, who recently joined Ajax.
You may also want to watch:
'He plays the same position as Boilesen and since we do not exactly abound in defensive players in the age group, he fits well in here,' said Kim Vilfort. 'He is a talented player who we've known for a long time.'
Dumic joined City's academy as a full-time scholar in the summer of 2008 and signed his first professional contract a year later.
- 1 'Disaster from start to finish': Parents slam school for failing kids
- 2 Power still out in parts of Norwich city centre six hours later
- 3 New £64,000 bus lane could cut 80 seconds off journeys
- 4 Resurfacing works to see closures on three busy city roads
- 5 Alan Carr enjoys 'delicious food' and leaves large tip at city restaurant
- 6 People in Norwich fined £21k for failing to pay for prescriptions
- 7 Family piano shop founded in 1887 is leaving the city
- 8 'Diabolical' - Fury over trees felled for road widening scheme
- 9 See how Norwich Castle's keep is being transformed
- 10 Roadworks to be aware of in Norwich this week
He made his first team debut as a substitute for Jon Otsemobor in the Johnstone's Paint Trophy at Swindon in November.