Brondby snap up Canaries’ central defender Dumic
Young Canaries defender Dario Dumic is to return to his native Denmark, with Brondby. 'We can confirm Brondby have made an offer for Dario which has been accepted, but there is still paperwork on-going,' said a City spokesman.
Young Canaries defender Dario Dumic is to return to his native Denmark, with Brondby.
'We can confirm Brondby have made an offer for Dario which has been accepted, but there is still paperwork on-going,' said a City spokesman. 'The deal has not yet been completed.'
The EDP understands that although Dumic, 17, will leave on a free transfer, City have negotiated a substantial sell-on clause for Dumic, with further payment due on appearances.
Brondby's talent chief, Kim Vilfort, has earmarked Dumic for a role with the club's under-19s and reserves team - and a possible replacement for youngster Nicolai Boilesen, who recently joined Ajax.
'He plays the same position as Boilesen and since we do not exactly abound in defensive players in the age group, he fits well in here,' said Kim Vilfort. 'He is a talented player who we've known for a long time.'
Dumic joined City's academy as a full-time scholar in the summer of 2008 and signed his first professional contract a year later.
- 1 City teen gets celebrity backing for prom dress
- 2 New homeware shop is 'dream come true' for owner
- 3 City chip shop might be SINKING but refuses to close
- 4 Country pub announces closure due to rising costs
- 5 Restaurant with 'interactive dining experience' to open in Norwich
- 6 'We just want to hold our son' - Plea for help to bring miracle baby home
- 7 New music festival with street food to take place in city centre park
- 8 Four restaurants in Norwich nominated for national awards
- 9 Pub closes for £5,000 refurb to enable it to serve drinks faster
- 10 Class A drugs seized from three men in city woods
He made his first team debut as a substitute for Jon Otsemobor in the Johnstone's Paint Trophy at Swindon in November.