British title for Hethersett Hawks cycle speedway star Tiffany Collins
Hethersett Hawks' Tiffany Collins is the new British Under-18 Girls' Grand Prix champion after finishing third in the final national round at East Newport in Wales.
The 15-year-old cycle speedway star, who also rides for the Swinton & Co Club, bagged three wins in her qualifying races to put her into the final, where she came from the back of the field to challenge the leading places.
Tiffany was riding in second when she fell as she was challenging for the lead on the final bend. She limped over the line for third place and 18 points – enough to see her total over the eight rounds hit 154 – 15 more than her nearest rival.
Dan Chambers, who was unable to race at East Newport because of a wrist operation, had already secured enough points in the series to achieve third place in the Under-18 boys' competition.
Carly Grimes did race in the last round but took time to adjust to the tight track; she finished with a credible third in the B final with a late rally.
Chambers and Grimes were among seven Hethersett riders to get on the podium at the end of the Norfolk Grand Prix series.
It was a Hethersett one-two-three in the over-16 category – Dave Martin winning, closely followed by Phil Adams and Chambers.
- 1 Greater Anglia application to demolish train station building thrown out
- 2 Doctors baffled by teenager's horrific long Covid symptoms
- 3 'How I made four million flipping council houses into luxury student digs'
- 4 Load of Bull! Anger as Red Bull ramps up threat against Norwich gin firm
- 5 Busy city Riverside roads to stay closed as transport hub works begin
- 6 It's going down! Demolition of car showroom begins to make way for homes
- 7 Farmers' market near Norwich set to reopen for the new year
- 8 Store still cordoned off with police tape two months after break-in
- 9 In pictures: The history and changing face of St Stephens
- 10 See inside this three-storey home with city views on sale for £370k
Scott Grimes was a clear winner in the Under-16 series with his sister Carly in third place.
In the novice category Oliver Buxton was second and Calvin Grimes third.