British title for Hethersett Hawks cycle speedway star Tiffany Collins
Hethersett Hawks' Tiffany Collins is the new British Under-18 Girls' Grand Prix champion after finishing third in the final national round at East Newport in Wales.
The 15-year-old cycle speedway star, who also rides for the Swinton & Co Club, bagged three wins in her qualifying races to put her into the final, where she came from the back of the field to challenge the leading places.
Tiffany was riding in second when she fell as she was challenging for the lead on the final bend. She limped over the line for third place and 18 points – enough to see her total over the eight rounds hit 154 – 15 more than her nearest rival.
Dan Chambers, who was unable to race at East Newport because of a wrist operation, had already secured enough points in the series to achieve third place in the Under-18 boys' competition.
Carly Grimes did race in the last round but took time to adjust to the tight track; she finished with a credible third in the B final with a late rally.
You may also want to watch:
Chambers and Grimes were among seven Hethersett riders to get on the podium at the end of the Norfolk Grand Prix series.
It was a Hethersett one-two-three in the over-16 category – Dave Martin winning, closely followed by Phil Adams and Chambers.
- 1 'Disaster from start to finish': Parents slam school for failing kids
- 2 Power still out in parts of Norwich city centre six hours later
- 3 New £64,000 bus lane could cut 80 seconds off journeys
- 4 Resurfacing works to see closures on three busy city roads
- 5 Alan Carr enjoys 'delicious food' and leaves large tip at city restaurant
- 6 People in Norwich fined £21k for failing to pay for prescriptions
- 7 'Diabolical' - Fury over trees felled for road widening scheme
- 8 Family piano shop founded in 1887 is leaving the city
- 9 See how Norwich Castle's keep is being transformed
- 10 Roadworks to be aware of in Norwich this week
Scott Grimes was a clear winner in the Under-16 series with his sister Carly in third place.
In the novice category Oliver Buxton was second and Calvin Grimes third.