Aveley 1 Norwich United 1: Sam Watts rescues point with late leveller for Planters
- Credit: Submitted
Norwich United earned a point at Aveley with a dramatic equaliser in the ninth minute of stoppage time.
A long throw into the box was flicked on at the near post and Sam Watts reacted first to poke the ball home and spark wild celebrations in the visitors' camp.
Just four minutes earlier Ben Jones had seen his drive from the edge of the area brilliantly tipped onto the post by home keeper Rhys Madden.
The hosts had led from the 15th minute when Alex Teniola, moments after being denied by Andy Wilton, this time headed over the keeper from close range.
Recent signing from Wymondham Town Liam Moriarty did have the ball in the Aveley net but Liam Jackson was offside earlier in the move.
You may also want to watch:
Jordan Watson hit the bar for Aveley but the longer the game went the more the Planters came into the game, but that late equaliser could prove crucial come April.
United entertain Ware in the league on Saturday.
- 1 'Our lives are being destroyed': Neighbours' despair over noisy students
- 2 Pupil taken to hospital after incident at Thorpe St Andrew school
- 3 'The final straw' - Bakery fears closure over council plans
- 4 Man found dead at Thorpe St Andrew home
- 5 Norwich named UK's most romantic destination
- 6 Diversions in place on A47 near Norwich due to flooding
- 7 City staff facing 'mass burnout' but what is behind the extreme exhaustion?
- 8 See inside this quirky bungalow for sale near Norwich railway station
- 9 Petrol attack shopkeeper opens spice shop and restaurant in former pub
- 10 Fresh plans for rooftop bar on St Stephens