Tanya Burr fans brave the rain as they queue to meet YouTube vlogger in Norwich
- Credit: Archant
Dozens of fans of the YouTube star Tanya Burr braved the cold at city centre department store Jarrolds in Norwich today for the chance to buy a signed copy of her latest book.
The 28-year-old was in the fine city for the final stop on her book tour for new release Tanya's Christmas.
The book celebrates the importance of festive traditions, and includes recipes, gift ideas, make up tutorials, and personal photos and letters from the vlogger's life and childhood.
Sophie Barber, 20, from Cambridgeshire, was one of the first in the queue to meet the star, along with mum Sarah, a teaching assistant, who said: 'We like coming here - to Jarrolds - for book signings the most. It's smaller, and better organised.'
Miss Barber also attended a signing for Jim Chapman's book, who is a fellow YouTuber and Mrs Burr's husband, at Jarrolds in October. She said both the vloggers were 'lovely'.
You may also want to watch:
Student Abi Loughborough, 20, with sister Katie, 17, braved the rain for a chance to meet Mrs Burr.
She said she was excited to meet the star, and enjoyed the baking tips in her book, and added: 'Christmas is my favourite time of year.'
- 1 Mayhem at some petrol pumps - but how are other city garages faring?
- 2 SOLD! Royal Arcade goes for £2m MORE than guide price
- 3 Monster rats 'the size of cats' invade city - and get in via the LOO
- 4 Chaos on ‘free-for-all' city street after double yellows disappear
- 5 Mayhem across city as drivers race to the petrol pumps
- 6 Norfolk wakes up to empty pumps – despite assurances of ‘ample fuel stocks’
- 7 The Bill star reveals he has moved to Norfolk and why he loves it
- 8 Norfolk to be hit by weekend bus cancellations due to driver shortage
- 9 Siblings slam council for 'backtracking' on council flat
- 10 Golden Triangle pub goes up for sale for half a million
Mrs Burr said she was excited to be in her home city for the signing, and thanked fans who had queued to see her for braving the weather.
She described her new book as 'much more personal', and said: 'In your twenties you are growing and changing and finding yourself - as cheesy as that sounds - and I just feel that this book is the most 'me' out of the three I've done.'
She added that her approach to vlogging had changed over the years, and that she now shares fewer personal details in her videos.
'I'm so trained as to what I will and won't film now.'
'I don't film with my husband - people still get to see into my life, but not as much.'
Mrs Burr has released two previous books: Tanya Bakes, in 2016, and Love, Tanya, in 2015.
A Jarrolds employee said: 'Christmas is the busiest time of the year for us here, and it's great to have events like this on to promote the store.'