Your chance to win tickets to Norwich comedy festival Laugh in the Park
- Credit: Archant
Norwich is gearing up for the return of one of the biggest comedy festivals this summer - and you can win tickets.
Norwich is gearing up for the return of one of the biggest comedy festivals this summer.
Laugh in the Park, organised by Red Card Comedy Club, is set to take place over four nights from July 24 to July 27 in Chapelfield Gardens.
You may also want to watch:
The festival was an annual fixture in the city social calendar until 2012 when organisers Derek Robertson and Andrew Bunn decided not to go head to head with the Olympics and the European Championships.
The downturn in the economy also had a part to play with many festival-goers feeling the pinch.
- 1 Norwich mum and daughter duo shed 12st
- 2 Tudor Stores reopens as manager resigns over safety fears
- 3 Armed police called to reports of man with knife
- 4 Caravan catches fire in Norwich
- 5 How Norwich are you? Take our quiz to find out
- 6 Key route into city closes for a week for safety improvement work
- 7 Jets heard roaring over Norwich for training exercise
- 8 Cyclist punched in the face during unprovoked attack turned away by GP
- 9 Five people spiked at three Norwich venues over the weekend
- 10 Family pays tribute to man killed after collision with double-decker bus
Mr Robertson said: 'The timing is right this year to bring back the festival. There seems to be a general upbeat mood at the moment and there is a good appetite for going out.
'Laugh in the Park 2014 promises to be a proper comedy event Norwich can feel proud of.
'We have put a lot of effort into the programming and have tried to put something in for everyone – a bit of established, a bit of up-and-coming and a bit of the unusual.'
The line-up for the four-day event includes comedians such as EastEnders star Terry Alderton, I'm a Celebrity Get Me Out of Here Now presenter Rob Beckett and comedian of the moment Paul Chowdhry.
Hospitality comes from Bite the Bullit barbecue, Grain Brewery beers and wine from HarperWells, in Eaton.
Mr Robertson said: 'If all goes as well as expected, and the early signs are very encouraging, Laugh in the Park will be back as an annual treat for the folk of Norfolk – so come along and support stand up comedy.'
Laugh in the Park takes place from July 24 until July 27 in Chapelfield Gardens. Gates open at 6pm and the show starts at 8pm. For tickets visit www.redcardcomedyclub.com/laugh-in-the-park or from the Norwich City Football Club box office 0844 826 1902.