Your chance to perform at the Norfolk and Norwich Festival
- Credit: Archant © 2012
Norfolk performers are being invited to take to the Norfolk and Norwich Festival stage in a special day which is being devoted entirely to celebrating local acts.
It's Your Festival on Sunday, May 25 will see the festival's Spiegeltent and other performance spaces across the city centre showcase an array of local musicians, dancers, actors, artists and other entertainers.
People can apply now to take part and an open evening is being held on Thursday at The Forum in Norwich for potential It's Your Festival acts to find out more.
The deadline for applications is March 31 with the It's Your Festival line-up due to be selected in April.
Lizzie Hall, production administrator for Norfolk and Norwich Festival, said: 'Norfolk has such a varied and exciting creative scene and we were really keen to give local people the chance to show off their talent as part of the festival.
You may also want to watch:
'It's also a great opportunity for people to perform in spaces that are not usually available, such as the Adnams Spiegeltent, and we plan to programme events across the city centre that reflects the acts that apply.
'All art forms and levels of experience are welcome and we are open to pretty much anything - as long as it's suitable for all ages. There are no auditions, however spaces are limited.' She added: 'I hope the day will be lots of fun for audiences and participants and that everyone will come away having discovered something new or feeling inspired!'
- 1 Elderly man took his clothes off at Norwich park
- 2 Tributes to popular Tesco worker with 'sparkling personality'
- 3 Revealed: How much to rent former high street store
- 4 School shut after ceiling tile falls on to class of children
- 5 Amazing photos show storms over Norfolk – and there are more to come
- 6 Drag Race star Bimini spotted shopping in Norwich
- 7 Masterplan for 4,000-homes Colman's regeneration to go on show
- 8 Britain's poshest train came to Norwich and Ipswich and it was pure luxury
- 9 Samson and Hercules building reopens under new owners
- 10 Teen motorcyclist taken to hospital after crash with bus in Norwich
It's Your Festival on Sunday, May 25 is being supported by Norwich Evening News, Mustard TV, and Norwich BID (Business Improvement District).
The Norfolk and Norwich Festival runs from May 9 to 25.
• Acts wanting take part in It's Your Festival should complete an entry form which is available at www.nnfestival.org.uk/takepart
Application forms should be emailed by March 31 to email@example.com
The It's Your Festival open evening on Thursday is from 6pm to 8pm at The Forum in Norwich.