Youngsters take to the water to learn canoeing at Eaton activity centre
More than 100 youngsters took to the water this bank holiday to learn how to canoe and kayak at an activity centre near Norwich.
Eaton Vale Activity Centre, at Church Lane, Eaton, hosted a Go Canoeing Day from 9am today (Monday, August 29) as part of a bid to give children aged between eight and 13 an introduction into the watersports.
The event was part of an initiative being run by Canoe England, to introduce young people to the sport ahead of the Olympics next year.
Richard Lang, operations manager, at Eaton Vale, said: 'We had about 120 people come along which was quite a good number.
'They've all enjoyed a 90 minute session and a bite to eat afterwards. Some people have come to us and want to take the next steps.'
You may also want to watch:
The taster sessions were designed for absolute beginners and although aimed primarily at those aged between eight and 13, were suitable for people aged up to 80.
For more information about events at Eaton Vale Scout and Guide Activity Centre call 01603 501228 or log onto www.eatonvale.co.uk
- 1 Noise concerns spark more than 40 objections to new city venue bid
- 2 Controversy reignited over 300 home scheme on edge of Norwich
- 3 Q&A: All you need to know about fuel shortages
- 4 County welcomes tankers but motorists continue to queue for fuel
- 5 Monster rats 'the size of cats' invade city - and get in via the LOO
- 6 'Turn up!' Groomer's plea to no-show pet owners
- 7 Golden Triangle pub goes up for sale for half a million
- 8 'More of a service than a business': Bid to turn pub into local shop
- 9 Chaos on ‘free-for-all' city street after double yellows disappear
- 10 A look at the faces behind Norwich Market