Youngsters invited on Magic Advenutre in Wymondham
Young children in Wymondham are being given the chance to develop their speaking and listening skills thanks to a colourful light and sound spectacular.
Norfolk County Council's Early Years team is working with Creative Arts East on the production Magic Adventure, taking place at the town's Central Hall.
More than 200 three to four-year-olds from 10 pre-schools and nurseries are taking part over the week, which involves youngsters travelling through a fabric tunnel into different environments using lights, sound, shadows and materials.
The children also get to experiment with sound and song as they walk through warm and cold environments.
Staff from the pre-schools and nurseries have been trained in how the experience can support learning and will incorporate elements into their own teaching.
You may also want to watch:
Alison Thomas, cabinet member for children's services at the county council, said: 'This project really highlights the importance of music and song in early communication. The show will really capture children's imaginations and encourage them to think, talk and express themselves.'
Magic Adventure started on Monday and will run until Saturday.Two public performances will take place on Saturday at 11am and 2pm.
- 1 Tudor Stores reopens as manager resigns over safety fears
- 2 How Norwich are you? Take our quiz to find out
- 3 'It's very bad'-Trade decline frustration at stores as roadworks take place
- 4 Caravan catches fire in Norwich
- 5 Armed police called to reports of man with knife
- 6 Key route into city closes for a week for safety improvement work
- 7 Five people spiked at three Norwich venues over the weekend
- 8 Jets heard roaring over Norwich for training exercise
- 9 Post Office at new location opening 78 hours a week
- 10 Family pays tribute to man killed after collision with double-decker bus
Tickets cost �2 per adult and �1 per child. For more information, call Creative Arts East on 01953 713390.