Youngsters invited on Magic Advenutre in Wymondham
Young children in Wymondham are being given the chance to develop their speaking and listening skills thanks to a colourful light and sound spectacular.
Norfolk County Council's Early Years team is working with Creative Arts East on the production Magic Adventure, taking place at the town's Central Hall.
More than 200 three to four-year-olds from 10 pre-schools and nurseries are taking part over the week, which involves youngsters travelling through a fabric tunnel into different environments using lights, sound, shadows and materials.
The children also get to experiment with sound and song as they walk through warm and cold environments.
Staff from the pre-schools and nurseries have been trained in how the experience can support learning and will incorporate elements into their own teaching.
Alison Thomas, cabinet member for children's services at the county council, said: 'This project really highlights the importance of music and song in early communication. The show will really capture children's imaginations and encourage them to think, talk and express themselves.'
Magic Adventure started on Monday and will run until Saturday.Two public performances will take place on Saturday at 11am and 2pm.
- 1 Sweet Briar Road has now reopened
- 2 Norwich pub selling out on Sundays with new head chef's roast dinners
- 3 New Tesco store opens in city centre
- 4 Norwich pub to host street party with Caribbean BBQ, DJs and stalls
- 5 Chaos at major airports sees demand for Norwich flights increase 400pc
- 6 EXCLUSIVE: US tycoons in Norwich City investment talks
- 7 Parents 'terrified' after THIRD run-in with cars driving on pavement
- 8 Revealed: Your favourite fish and chip shop in Norfolk
- 9 We haven't given up on City - Fans rush to buy tickets for new season
- 10 M&S to close 32 stores as part of move away from town centres
Tickets cost �2 per adult and �1 per child. For more information, call Creative Arts East on 01953 713390.