Youngsters invited on Magic Advenutre in Wymondham
Young children in Wymondham are being given the chance to develop their speaking and listening skills thanks to a colourful light and sound spectacular.
Norfolk County Council's Early Years team is working with Creative Arts East on the production Magic Adventure, taking place at the town's Central Hall.
More than 200 three to four-year-olds from 10 pre-schools and nurseries are taking part over the week, which involves youngsters travelling through a fabric tunnel into different environments using lights, sound, shadows and materials.
The children also get to experiment with sound and song as they walk through warm and cold environments.
Staff from the pre-schools and nurseries have been trained in how the experience can support learning and will incorporate elements into their own teaching.
You may also want to watch:
Alison Thomas, cabinet member for children's services at the county council, said: 'This project really highlights the importance of music and song in early communication. The show will really capture children's imaginations and encourage them to think, talk and express themselves.'
Magic Adventure started on Monday and will run until Saturday.Two public performances will take place on Saturday at 11am and 2pm.
- 1 The areas where Covid rates have fallen the fastest since lockdown began
- 2 Hopes raised former pub could become community hub
- 3 'Accidents waiting to happen' - Mum vows not to give up 20mph fight
- 4 Up and coming Norwich musician reaches number 13 in UK charts
- 5 Giant Victorian underground reservoir marks supplying city for 150 years
- 6 Before and after: How has Norwich changed over the years?
- 7 Former village pub for sale as home
- 8 'We're all shocked' - Butchers shop attacked by vandals
- 9 Shock as cannabis factory found in quiet Broads' village
- 10 Opposition grows over charges to park in Norwich parks
Tickets cost �2 per adult and �1 per child. For more information, call Creative Arts East on 01953 713390.