Youngsters from the Norwich and District Diabetes Youth Group enjoy a weekend of fun at Sheringham
A group of young people from the Norwich and District Diabetes Youth Group have enjoyed a weekend packed full of activities in Sheringham.
Assault courses, climbing, and having fun on a zip-wire were among the activities the 16 young people, pictured, aged eight to 17 took part in at Hilltop Outdoor Centre from August 31 to September 2.
Stephen Pizey, chairman of the group, said: 'They had a brilliant time. The trip was a way for the children to get away, have fun, and be with other children who share the same condition.'
The Norwich and District Diabetes Youth Group is a voluntary group of parents and friends who offer support for families who have children with diabetes and raise funds for local hospitals.
Their next charity event is a night for over 18s called Sugar Rush at The Talk, in Oak Street, Norwich, on Saturday, September 22.
It will feature live music from the 1980s to the present day performed by the group Against All Odds as well as a DJ and disco.
The event starts at 7.30pm. Tickets bought in advance cost �10. To book call Amanda on 07425 154603 or 01603 300925, or email email@example.com. Tickets will also be available on the door for �12.
- 1 Two neighbouring properties go up for sale - and they both need some TLC
- 2 Vehicles worth £50k stolen from Royal Norfolk Show
- 3 Most desirable places to live in Norwich according to estate agents
- 4 Road closures revealed for Lord Mayor's Celebration
- 5 All you need to know ahead of the Lord Mayor's Celebration 2022
- 6 Street food restaurant launches unlimited wings night
- 7 'You owe us!': Furious holidaymakers demand compo
- 8 Fine dining Indian restaurant named best in region at awards
- 9 Primary school left without governors after mass walkout
- 10 Sign of the times: After 187 years jeweller Winsor Bishop changes name
For more about the group visit www.norwichdiabetesyouth.co.uk