Youngsters from the Norwich and District Diabetes Youth Group enjoy a weekend of fun at Sheringham
A group of young people from the Norwich and District Diabetes Youth Group have enjoyed a weekend packed full of activities in Sheringham.
Assault courses, climbing, and having fun on a zip-wire were among the activities the 16 young people, pictured, aged eight to 17 took part in at Hilltop Outdoor Centre from August 31 to September 2.
Stephen Pizey, chairman of the group, said: 'They had a brilliant time. The trip was a way for the children to get away, have fun, and be with other children who share the same condition.'
The Norwich and District Diabetes Youth Group is a voluntary group of parents and friends who offer support for families who have children with diabetes and raise funds for local hospitals.
Their next charity event is a night for over 18s called Sugar Rush at The Talk, in Oak Street, Norwich, on Saturday, September 22.
You may also want to watch:
It will feature live music from the 1980s to the present day performed by the group Against All Odds as well as a DJ and disco.
The event starts at 7.30pm. Tickets bought in advance cost �10. To book call Amanda on 07425 154603 or 01603 300925, or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Tickets will also be available on the door for �12.
- 1 Man in critical condition after Norwich assault
- 2 Norwich's Jack Wills store to close
- 3 In pictures: England fans enjoy Euro 2020 win at Norwich fan park
- 4 Weather warning for thunderstorms this week after Monday heat
- 5 Neighbours tell of shock as murder probe launched
- 6 'People love it' - Landlady opens second pub in Earlham Road
- 7 Covid Delta variant cases double in Norfolk
- 8 Norwich city centre roundabout revamp remains 'firmly in pipeline'
- 9 New Covid testing site opens near Norwich
- 10 ‘Burglars will think twice’ - Police hand out security kits to 4,000 homes
For more about the group visit www.norwichdiabetesyouth.co.uk