Youngsters from the Norwich and District Diabetes Youth Group enjoy a weekend of fun at Sheringham
A group of young people from the Norwich and District Diabetes Youth Group have enjoyed a weekend packed full of activities in Sheringham.
Assault courses, climbing, and having fun on a zip-wire were among the activities the 16 young people, pictured, aged eight to 17 took part in at Hilltop Outdoor Centre from August 31 to September 2.
Stephen Pizey, chairman of the group, said: 'They had a brilliant time. The trip was a way for the children to get away, have fun, and be with other children who share the same condition.'
The Norwich and District Diabetes Youth Group is a voluntary group of parents and friends who offer support for families who have children with diabetes and raise funds for local hospitals.
Their next charity event is a night for over 18s called Sugar Rush at The Talk, in Oak Street, Norwich, on Saturday, September 22.
You may also want to watch:
It will feature live music from the 1980s to the present day performed by the group Against All Odds as well as a DJ and disco.
The event starts at 7.30pm. Tickets bought in advance cost �10. To book call Amanda on 07425 154603 or 01603 300925, or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Tickets will also be available on the door for �12.
- 1 Pupil taken to hospital after incident at Thorpe St Andrew school
- 2 'Our lives are being destroyed': Neighbours' despair over noisy students
- 3 Norwich named UK's most romantic destination
- 4 City staff facing 'mass burnout' but what is behind the extreme exhaustion?
- 5 'The final straw' - Bakery fears closure over council plans
- 6 Tenant's despair as council fixes his windows by screwing them shut
- 7 Changes in gambling habits see city bookies shutting up shop
- 8 Fresh plans for rooftop bar on St Stephens
- 9 Man found dead at Thorpe St Andrew home
- 10 Petrol attack shopkeeper opens spice shop and restaurant in former pub
For more about the group visit www.norwichdiabetesyouth.co.uk