Young dancers needed for Norwich production of Sleeping Beauty
Kim BriscoeThe search is under way for 100 young dancers to star in a major production at a Norwich theatre.The English Youth Ballet is returning to the Norwich Theatre Royal to present Sleeping Beauty on July 2 and 3.Kim Briscoe
The search is under way for 100 young dancers to star in a major production at a Norwich theatre.
The English Youth Ballet is returning to the Norwich Theatre Royal to present Sleeping Beauty on July 2 and 3.
The company now needs to find young people aged eight to 18 to star in the dramatic production and are preparing to put budding performers through their paces.
They will be holding auditions at the Open Academy, in Marryat Road, Heartsease, on March 17. They will run in two parts and will be open for eight to 11-year-olds from 4.30pm. Older children can then compete for a part with auditions for 12 to 18-year-olds starting at 6.45pm.
You may also want to watch:
John Bultitude, of Norwich Theatre Royal, said: 'This is a great opportunity for the young people in this area to showcase their skills. They will also get the chance to appear onstage alongside some of this country's top professional dancers.'
English Youth Ballet (EYB) puts on full-scale ballet productions in seven UK locations every year. It has also won the Stage Award for Special Achievement in Regional Theatre, and the EYB's director Janet Lewis was awarded the OBE in the 2008 New Year's Honours for her work with dance.
- 1 Can you rehome this Terrier who has spent nine years at animal sanctuary?
- 2 Centre takes action after IT failure causes long queues for Covid jab
- 3 Covid rates continue to fall across Norfolk, especially in Norwich
- 4 Norfolk woman fined after travelling 200 miles to visit daughter
- 5 Four fire crews called to car blaze in Norwich garage
- 6 9 of Norfolk's most famous blue plaques
- 7 Military begin coronavirus support at hospital
- 8 Fired twice in two months: Events boss feels the pain of Covid
- 9 Two people ordered to stay out of Norfolk after Norwich stabbing
- 10 Fresh snow falls as weather warning continues for Norfolk and Suffolk
In 2008, the EYB performed the classical production of Coppelia in Norwich and in 2005 it gave young dancers in the city the chance to take part in Tchaikovsky's classic ballet The Nutcracker.
Anyone who wants to take part is advised to register first by calling 01689 856747 or 01248 422337. They will then receive an audition pack which gives full details for students and parents.
t Tickets are available from the box office on 01603 630000. For more information, or to book online go to www.theatreroyalnorwich.co.uk.