Watch: Norwich Cathedral Choir sing beautiful version of Three Lions
- Credit: Archant
The young choir of Norwich Cathedral have channelled the football spirit of the nation in an angelic performance of Three Lions.
You usually hear Baddiel and Skinner's anthem Three Lions sung by excited football fans, and while it's always a rousing rendition, it's not always perfectly in tune.
If you'd prefer that football standards were delivered in dulcet tones outside a cathedral rather than in a pub, or you're just excited to hear the song at any possible opportunity, then Norwich Cathedral Choir's cover of Three Lions is for you.
The video of a group of youngsters angelically singing the football classic in the idyllic cathedral grounds shows that World Cup fever has spread to even the most unexpected of places.
David Baddiel himself showed his approval for the choir, retweeting their video with the comment 'Beautiful. Even to my Jewish ears'.
You may also want to watch:
What's the best version of Three Lions you've ever heard? Let us know in the comments.
- 1 Alan Carr enjoys 'delicious food' and leaves large tip at city restaurant
- 2 Tributes paid to 'amazing' Norwich shop worker
- 3 Motorcyclist injured after crash on Norwich road
- 4 Egg-lobbing mob leads police to step up presence in suburb
- 5 7 of the best places to see fireworks in and around Norwich in 2021
- 6 'They can't get away with it': Petrol boss defiant after spate of crimes
- 7 All the fish and chip shops in Norwich with 5-star hygiene ratings
- 8 Jonny to the rescue! Boyfriend springs into action after coffee spill drama
- 9 Schoolchildren still without playing field after TWO YEARS
- 10 'They don't add up' - Mixed reaction to city development plans