You have more time to enter the Evening News gorilla competition
Creative types are being given more time to enter the Norwich Evening News' competition to design a gorilla and have it displayed in the city next year.
The closing date to design a gorilla is now Monday November 26 when the Evening News' judges will decide which creation will be painted on to the five feet tall, and three feet wide animal.
The gorilla will form one of the 50 large animals leading a trail around the city centre next summer in aid of the children's and young person's charity, Break.
And like the elephant trail in 2008, the animals need to have bright, colourful and imaginative designs etched on to their bodies.
We have already had lots of entries submitted, but we want more.
You may also want to watch:
Martin Green, Break fundraising officer and manager of the project for the charity, said: 'We are really pleased with the level of sponsorship and level of interest in the competition.
'And we are looking forward to even more competition entries coming in.'
- 1 Dutch design could inspire revamp of danger roundabout
- 2 Ex-Canaries striker seals Championship move
- 3 Hot property Maddison adds up for City
- 4 Ghosts of business past: Empty shop units for rent for £100,000
- 5 Revealed: How much to rent former high street store
- 6 Cactus shop selling £95 plants opens in Norwich phone box
- 7 Revealed: New Anglia Square talks take place
- 8 City centre street set to close at weekend
- 9 New bid to limit city centre offices being turned into flats
- 10 'Happy, carefree' memories of Samson and Hercules flood in
Visit the website to download the template, get creative, fill out your details, and post it all back to us at Design a Gorilla, Editorial Department, Prospect House, Rouen Road, Norwich, NR1 1RE.
Or if you don't have access to a computer, come to our office at the above address and pick up a print out.
The competition closes on November 26.
The public are invited to attend a preview event to look at the designs and find out more about the trail in 2013 in the Noverre Ballroom at the Assembly House on Tuesday aNovember 27 from 11am to 6pm.