YMCA charity shop opens in Anglia Square
- Credit: Archant
A YMCA charity shop has recently opened in Anglia Square.
The Norwich shop will offer items at affordable prices from donations it receives.
The sale of donated goods to the shop is used to transform the lives of young people across 700 communities.
Furniture, men's, women's and children's clothing, pictures, glassware, ornaments, Bric-a-brac, DVDs and CDs are among the items the shop accepts as donations.
It is open five days a week from 9am to 5pm except Sundays when it is open from 10am to 4pm.
The shop officially opened on Thursday, June 7 where shop manager Lisa Aldous and the CEO of YMCA Norfolk, Tim Sweeting held a ribbon and John Rockliff, a current YMCA Norfolk trustee, gave a short speech and officially declared the store open.
To find out more about volunteering at the shop or to make a donation, drop in or call the shop on 01603 765968.
- 1 'I want to leave Norwich' - Mum's anger after school attack
- 2 Shabby shed being used by car hobbyist is 'planning breach', council says
- 3 Police hunting for Norwich man wanted for three weeks
- 4 Supermarket scraps car park plan over Riverside traffic fears
- 5 Norwich barbecue takeaway finally set to reopen
- 6 Anger after Sainsbury's driver smashes into tree
- 7 Norwich bank branch to close
- 8 'No thanks or penny' - Norwich City crest designer hits out at change
- 9 Norwich Society's 'relief' over changes to Anglia Square plans
- 10 Car wash owner fined £1,500 for breaching Covid restrictions