Yelverton move a step closer to title
Milton LindsayWith only five games to go, Yelverton inched closer to securing their first ever title by beating Mousehold 4-1 whilst their nearest rival for the title UEA Reserves could only draw against a competitive Salhouse Rovers who were in front up until the final kick of the game.Milton Lindsay
With only five games to go, Yelverton inched closer to securing their first ever title by beating Mousehold 4-1 whilst their nearest rival for the title UEA Reserves could only draw against a competitive Salhouse Rovers who were in front up until the final kick of the game.
Unfortunately for Mousehold, they had to play the last 15 with only 10 men due to injury but the damage had already been done after Yelverton scored three in the first half, one after only 15 seconds. Drayton moved into second spot with a 1-0 win against Wensum Albion and bottom club Jarrolds and Marlborough Old Boys drew 1-1 at Heath Crescent. Homecare United lost 12-1 to a rampant Costessey Crown.
Division Two leaders Jubilee suffered their first loss of the season, 4-1, in a top-of-the-table battle with Lingwood, who are only five points behind the Rackheath-based outfit with seven games remaining.
In what is always one of the fixtures of the season, Costessey Sports were well beaten by Sprowston Beehive 5-3 at Longwater with Sam Applegate grabbing a hat-trick for the Bees and a goal apiece for Louis Robinson and Matt Hodgkinson. Mousehold Reserves are finding 2010 difficult at the moment, going down 9-2 to Norwich Medics with Dave Morter grabbing a hat-trick. Horsford A beat Taverham 5-1 and UEA A beat South Walsham Reserves 5-2.
You may also want to watch:
Yelverton Reserves were knocked off top spot by Costessey Crown Res who beat them 1-0 in Division Three. There were wins for Reepham A over Thorpe Village, Old Catton over Horsford B and Hockering away to Newton Flotman Reserves. Blofield A and Drayton Reserves drew 3-3.
- 1 Shock as cannabis factory found in quiet Broads' village
- 2 Up and coming Norwich musician reaches number 13 in UK charts
- 3 'We're all shocked' - Butchers shop attacked by vandals
- 4 'Accidents waiting to happen' - Mum vows not to give up 20mph fight
- 5 The areas where Covid rates have fallen the fastest since lockdown began
- 6 The secrets and scandals of a former Norwich hotel
- 7 Cycling trail among ideas for new country park
- 8 Giant Victorian underground reservoir marks supplying city for 150 years
- 9 Hopes raised former pub could become community hub
- 10 Can you rehome this Terrier who has spent nine years at animal sanctuary?