Yasmin and Maverick Sabre join Norwich festival line-up
Up and coming music acts Maverick Sabre and Yasmin will be joining an all-star line up at a Norwich hip-hop and R&B festival in September.
London based Yasmin, has recently released single On My Own with renowned record label the Ministry of Sound while Mr Sabre, who is a London-born Irish raised teenager has made his name with a self-produced debut single Sometimes.
The pair will appear alongside stars including Tinie Tempah, N-Dubz and Taio Cruz at the Norfolk Spectacular event, to be held just outside Norwich.
The pop event will take place over the weekend of September 3 and 4 with up to 30,000 revellers descending on the Norfolk Showground on the Dereham Road to celebrate the very best in hip-hop, R&B and pop music.
Yasmin started her career as a DJ on the hip-hop and R&B circuit. She toured with N*E*R*D, The Cool Kids, Will.I.am, Taio Cruz and Eve, and went on to host the critically acclaimed club night Bad Intentions. She is due to release a debut album in 2011.
You may also want to watch:
Mr Sabre has been featured by BBC TV as part of their series Jail Tales and has performing for the famous BBC Maida Vale Sessions which resulted in his live performances being broadcast nationwide.
The festival will feature at least 10 acts on both the Saturday and the Sunday, with one day focusing on pop and the other on hip-hop and R&B.
- 1 Buy a former 1950s police station for sale for £330,000
- 2 Greek chain looks set to take over former Giraffe restaurant
- 3 New pasta and cocktail bar to open in Norwich
- 4 Driver fined after leaving queue before entering Co-Op
- 5 Norwich restaurants and pubs reopening in April
- 6 When can I go to the beach? Lockdown travel questions answered
- 7 Mum sets up sideline selling jewellery made from breast milk
- 8 £153m Western Link road delayed a third time
- 9 Emma Thompson and Peaky Blinders actor to star in new film shot in Norwich
- 10 Cardiac arrest call sparks rescue operation near beauty spot
The pair will be performing on the Sunday of the festival.
• Tickets for the event, which is aimed at teenagers and young people, have already gone on sale.
The event will be held at the Norfolk Showground, Dereham Road, Norwich from Friday September 2 to Sunday September 4.
For more information visit www.norfolkspectacular.co.uk or ring the booking number on 0871 224 113.