Yarmouth murder probe: man's bail extended
Stephen PullingerA 24-year-old man arrested before Christmas in connection with the alleged murder of missing Great Yarmouth man Derick Tempest has had his bail extended for a second time and must report to the town's police station again on March 9.Stephen Pullinger
A 24-year-old man arrested before Christmas in connection with the alleged murder of missing Great Yarmouth man Derick Tempest has had his bail extended for a second time and must report to the town's police station again on March 9.
Detectives believe that father-of-three Mr Tempest, 30, of Nottingham Way, Yarmouth, was murdered in a garage workshop in Camden Place on October 28.
He was last seen walking towards the premises, Hall's Garage, whose owners Jim Hall, 60, and Andrew Ventham, 49, were found dead five days later, having apparently committed suicide in a car.
Police divers have been searching the River Yare between Haven Bridge and the harbour mouth, but have so far unearthed no clues to Mr Tempest's disappearance.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Shocking CCTV shows carer abusing woman with dementia
- 2 Six people arrested after man in 50s was stabbed in Norwich
- 3 Hethersett student offered place at prestigious music school
- 4 Work under way to build new Lidl alongside NDR
- 5 Man seriously injured after crash
- 6 Fears planning shake-up will threaten Norwich city centre
- 7 Office plan revealed for part of disused city pub
- 8 Police still at scene of daylight knife attack
- 9 Traffic shake-ups put forward for four roads in Norwich
- 10 New 66-bed care home with cinema planned near NDR