Yarmouth murder probe: man's bail extended
Stephen PullingerA 24-year-old man arrested before Christmas in connection with the alleged murder of missing Great Yarmouth man Derick Tempest has had his bail extended for a second time and must report to the town's police station again on March 9.Stephen Pullinger
A 24-year-old man arrested before Christmas in connection with the alleged murder of missing Great Yarmouth man Derick Tempest has had his bail extended for a second time and must report to the town's police station again on March 9.
Detectives believe that father-of-three Mr Tempest, 30, of Nottingham Way, Yarmouth, was murdered in a garage workshop in Camden Place on October 28.
He was last seen walking towards the premises, Hall's Garage, whose owners Jim Hall, 60, and Andrew Ventham, 49, were found dead five days later, having apparently committed suicide in a car.
Police divers have been searching the River Yare between Haven Bridge and the harbour mouth, but have so far unearthed no clues to Mr Tempest's disappearance.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Man due in court charged with murder after fatal stabbing in Thorpe
- 2 Eager shoppers queue for opening of 20-year-old's vintage clothing shop
- 3 City beer gardens heaving as lockdown eases and Norwich City promoted
- 4 Sweepers clean up in city after busy Saturday night - and punters behave
- 5 Story behind this famous photo of when Norwich went electric in 1957
- 6 Two Norwich fish and chip shops named among top 50 in the country
- 7 Public invited to have say on plans to convert derelict pub
- 8 WATCH: Delighted Delia Smith leads Canaries fans in Emi Buendia sing song
- 9 Why The Sunday Times named Norwich one of the best places to live in 2021
- 10 Queues and tunes as life returns to city on Saturday after shops reopen