Yarmouth murder probe: man's bail extended
Stephen PullingerA 24-year-old man arrested before Christmas in connection with the alleged murder of missing Great Yarmouth man Derick Tempest has had his bail extended for a second time and must report to the town's police station again on March 9.Stephen Pullinger
A 24-year-old man arrested before Christmas in connection with the alleged murder of missing Great Yarmouth man Derick Tempest has had his bail extended for a second time and must report to the town's police station again on March 9.
Detectives believe that father-of-three Mr Tempest, 30, of Nottingham Way, Yarmouth, was murdered in a garage workshop in Camden Place on October 28.
He was last seen walking towards the premises, Hall's Garage, whose owners Jim Hall, 60, and Andrew Ventham, 49, were found dead five days later, having apparently committed suicide in a car.
Police divers have been searching the River Yare between Haven Bridge and the harbour mouth, but have so far unearthed no clues to Mr Tempest's disappearance.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Calls to stop major development in expanding village
- 2 Streets in Norwich close for car-free day
- 3 The roadworks you need to know about in Norwich this week
- 4 Impact of T-Rex trail revealed as sculptures leave city
- 5 'A very easy Brexit win' - Traders have say on imperial measures change
- 6 Man arrested after assaulting three police officers outside Popworld
- 7 Warning to others after mum breaks leg using park zip wire
- 8 New sculpture trail launched for park near Norwich
- 9 Bus routes affected by driver shortages in Norwich
- 10 What 45,000 new homes will mean for our city