Yarmouth murder probe: man's bail extended
Stephen PullingerA 24-year-old man arrested before Christmas in connection with the alleged murder of missing Great Yarmouth man Derick Tempest has had his bail extended for a second time and must report to the town's police station again on March 9.Stephen Pullinger
A 24-year-old man arrested before Christmas in connection with the alleged murder of missing Great Yarmouth man Derick Tempest has had his bail extended for a second time and must report to the town's police station again on March 9.
Detectives believe that father-of-three Mr Tempest, 30, of Nottingham Way, Yarmouth, was murdered in a garage workshop in Camden Place on October 28.
He was last seen walking towards the premises, Hall's Garage, whose owners Jim Hall, 60, and Andrew Ventham, 49, were found dead five days later, having apparently committed suicide in a car.
Police divers have been searching the River Yare between Haven Bridge and the harbour mouth, but have so far unearthed no clues to Mr Tempest's disappearance.
- 1 Walker furious as beauty spot 'ruined' by bush chopping
- 2 House of horrors: Is this the worst council property in Norwich?
- 3 City schools to share one site as building returned to council
- 4 Burger off! Petition launched to scrap new McDonald's plan
- 5 Tourist slapped with £100 parking fine for cash machine stop
- 6 Five of Norwich's best takeaways according to our readers
- 7 New beer and burrito bar opens in city centre
- 8 Petition supporting Western Link gains hundreds of signatures
- 9 Police on hand as anti-vaccine protesters gather in city
- 10 'Fixer upper' lodge home goes up for sale near Norwich city centre