Yarmouth fire death 'not suspicious'
Anthony CarrollPolice have said that they are not treating the death of a man whose body was found after Great Yarmouth flat fire as suspicious.Anthony Carroll
Police have said that they are not treating the death of a man whose body was found after Great Yarmouth flat fire as suspicious.
The man's body was found in the Queen's Road flat on Thursday as firefighters tackled a blaze there.
Yesterday forensic and fire investigators were at the flat trying to determine the cause of the fire, which started at 7am.
A post mortem examination was also carried out yesterday afternoon.
Three fire engines from Yarmouth attended Thursday's fire at the flat, which is one of three in a building by the Camden Tavern pub
Police spokesman Jon Dack said: 'The death is not being treated as suspicious at this stage.'
- 1 Norwich Airport TUI flight delayed by 42 hours
- 2 Road closures revealed for Lord Mayor's Celebration
- 3 Can you spot yourself at the Simply Red gig at Earlham Park?
- 4 5 new shop openings in Norwich to look forward to
- 5 A11 reopens after air ambulance called to crash
- 6 The school where boys can wear skirts - but not shorts
- 7 Landlady 'hard at work' as city pub prepares for July reopening
- 8 Peter Crouch speaks on bid to track down his 'Norfolk husband'
- 9 Police called after sudden death at home near Norwich
- 10 Inconsiderate dog owners leave wheelchair-bound woman to clean up foul mess