Yarmouth fire death 'not suspicious'
Anthony CarrollPolice have said that they are not treating the death of a man whose body was found after Great Yarmouth flat fire as suspicious.Anthony Carroll
Police have said that they are not treating the death of a man whose body was found after Great Yarmouth flat fire as suspicious.
The man's body was found in the Queen's Road flat on Thursday as firefighters tackled a blaze there.
Yesterday forensic and fire investigators were at the flat trying to determine the cause of the fire, which started at 7am.
A post mortem examination was also carried out yesterday afternoon.
You may also want to watch:
Three fire engines from Yarmouth attended Thursday's fire at the flat, which is one of three in a building by the Camden Tavern pub
Police spokesman Jon Dack said: 'The death is not being treated as suspicious at this stage.'
- 1 'An insult to the city': Couple ditch 'hellhole' hotel after 45 minutes
- 2 Elton John to kick off UK leg of farewell tour at Carrow Road
- 3 What next for The Birdcage in Norwich?
- 4 Road cleared after overturned lorry on A47/A11 Thickthorn roundabout
- 5 Former Norwich boxing champion banned from contacting ex-partner
- 6 Ex-head charged with sex attacks on boys at Norfolk school
- 7 'Second time this year' - Armed police called to Norwich street
- 8 'Someone will get hurt' - Frustration over pothole near Norwich surgery
- 9 New bus and cycle lane opens after traffic disruption into city
- 10 Norwich bar named among 30 best cocktail spots in UK