Yarmouth fire death 'not suspicious'
Anthony CarrollPolice have said that they are not treating the death of a man whose body was found after Great Yarmouth flat fire as suspicious.Anthony Carroll
Police have said that they are not treating the death of a man whose body was found after Great Yarmouth flat fire as suspicious.
The man's body was found in the Queen's Road flat on Thursday as firefighters tackled a blaze there.
Yesterday forensic and fire investigators were at the flat trying to determine the cause of the fire, which started at 7am.
A post mortem examination was also carried out yesterday afternoon.
You may also want to watch:
Three fire engines from Yarmouth attended Thursday's fire at the flat, which is one of three in a building by the Camden Tavern pub
Police spokesman Jon Dack said: 'The death is not being treated as suspicious at this stage.'
- 1 Drink driver arrested after crashing into two trees in Norwich
- 2 Norwich hairdresser, former boxer and bodybuilder, dies from Covid
- 3 The secrets and scandals of a former Norwich hotel
- 4 Centre takes action after IT failure causes long queues for Covid jab
- 5 Can you rehome this Terrier who has spent nine years at animal sanctuary?
- 6 Up and coming Norwich musician reaches number 13 in UK charts
- 7 Map reveals the most serious crashes on the NDR since it fully opened
- 8 9 of Norfolk's most famous blue plaques
- 9 Yellow weather warning for snow in place across region
- 10 Road in Norwich to close for four weeks for £50,000 improvement scheme