Yarmouth area hit by fly-tipping
Stephen PullingerFamilies in the Great Yarmouth area are being asked to help the borough council in a crackdown on fly-tipping.A number of car tyres have been left in piles in ditches and by roadsides in the last few days at locations including West Somerton, the entrance to a driveway in St Olaves and the EuroCentre industrial estate in Runham Vauxhall.Stephen Pullinger
Families in the Great Yarmouth area are being asked to help the borough council in a crackdown on fly-tipping.
A number of car tyres have been left in piles in ditches and by roadsides in the last few days at locations including West Somerton, the entrance to a driveway in St Olaves and the EuroCentre industrial estate in Runham Vauxhall.
Paul Shucksmith, a senior environmental ranger for Great Yarmouth Borough Council, said: 'From the numbers of tyres being left, we assume they come from a business, but with the incidents so far apart in distance, it is hard to tell whether they are connected.
'Whoever the culprit or culprits may be, I would like to call on the public to keep an eye out for any suspicious activity that may lead us to those responsible.
You may also want to watch:
'Money spent on clearing up this kind of material is taxpayers' money that isn't spent on more positive measures in the borough.'
Anyone with information about the recent incidents, or who perhaps knows of someone who had an amount of tyres or bulky items that have suddenly disappeared, is asked to call the council's environmental health helpline on 01493 846478.
- 1 All the major 2021 Norwich events scheduled to go ahead
- 2 Award-winning Norfolk school appoints new headteacher
- 3 Craig David announces 2021 outdoor concert in Norwich
- 4 Not so fast Thomas. Farke dismisses Brentford boss claims after 1-0 City win
- 5 Road closure warning for £940,000 traffic shake-up in Norwich
- 6 Teenager jailed for sexual offences in Norwich
- 7 Mum tells how condition has made son, 10, throw himself down stairs
- 8 'Size doesn't matter': Three pals get go-ahead for city micropub
- 9 No recent virus cases in more than a quarter of Norfolk and Waveney
- 10 Norwich City fan recovering after 52-day Covid hospital battle