Yarmouth area hit by fly-tipping
Stephen PullingerFamilies in the Great Yarmouth area are being asked to help the borough council in a crackdown on fly-tipping.A number of car tyres have been left in piles in ditches and by roadsides in the last few days at locations including West Somerton, the entrance to a driveway in St Olaves and the EuroCentre industrial estate in Runham Vauxhall.Stephen Pullinger
Families in the Great Yarmouth area are being asked to help the borough council in a crackdown on fly-tipping.
A number of car tyres have been left in piles in ditches and by roadsides in the last few days at locations including West Somerton, the entrance to a driveway in St Olaves and the EuroCentre industrial estate in Runham Vauxhall.
Paul Shucksmith, a senior environmental ranger for Great Yarmouth Borough Council, said: 'From the numbers of tyres being left, we assume they come from a business, but with the incidents so far apart in distance, it is hard to tell whether they are connected.
'Whoever the culprit or culprits may be, I would like to call on the public to keep an eye out for any suspicious activity that may lead us to those responsible.
You may also want to watch:
'Money spent on clearing up this kind of material is taxpayers' money that isn't spent on more positive measures in the borough.'
Anyone with information about the recent incidents, or who perhaps knows of someone who had an amount of tyres or bulky items that have suddenly disappeared, is asked to call the council's environmental health helpline on 01493 846478.
- 1 Excitement as city pub reopens after 18-month closure
- 2 Reaction to plans for new Norwich Block entertainment venue
- 3 New 170-place school likely to get go-ahead
- 4 Woman hit with £900 vet bill after dog gets 'stoned' on park cannabis stash
- 5 Nut allergy fears spark battle for 'landmark' walnut tree
- 6 Tributes pour in for 'much loved lady' after body found
- 7 Costa Coffee to close Norwich high street cafe
- 8 Man charged with attempted murder after serious Norwich assault
- 9 Pupils demand cycle lane as NDR sends 1200 cars their way during rush hour
- 10 The moment drugs squad smashes down a suspected dealer's door