X Factor star to appear at Thetford Forest
Rebecca GoughNewly fledged pop star Diana Vickers will support Scouting for Girls at their gig in Thetford Forest on July 8.Rebecca Gough
Newly fledged pop star Diana Vickers will support Scouting for Girls at their gig in Thetford Forest on July 8.
Diana Vickers, an X Factor semi-finalist, delayed her pop career while she starred in the London stage production of Little Voice. Since signing a record deal in March both her debut single Once and debut album Songs From The Tainted Cherry Tree entered the UK chart at number one.
This Easter Scouting For Girls also hit the top spot in the singles chart with This Ain't A Love Song from their latest album Everybody Wants To Be On TV.
Earlier this month it was revealed Cherry Ghost and The Cheek will be supporting Doves at their gig, also at Thetford Forest, on Saturday, June 12.
You may also want to watch:
Cherry Ghost - who won the Ivor Novello Award for best contemporary song with People Help The People - recently played with Doves on their indoor UK tour.
The concerts are two of six dates in the Forestry Commission Live Music 2010.
- 1 'Dream come true': Norwich restaurant wins national award
- 2 'Our lives are being destroyed': Neighbours' despair over noisy students
- 3 Pupil taken to hospital after incident at Thorpe St Andrew school
- 4 Norwich man convicted of murder boasts of mutilating 'up to 30' cats
- 5 Mum's pleas to move house denied despite GP's concerns over wellbeing
- 6 Should straight people go into queer clubs and bars?
- 7 Man found dead at Thorpe St Andrew home
- 8 'The final straw' - Bakery fears closure over council plans
- 9 Norwich man wanted by police
- 10 Diversions in place on A47 near Norwich due to flooding
The others are Keane (June 10), which is sold out, Simply Red (June 11), also sold out, Scouting For Girls (July 8), The Saturdays (June 9) and Katie Melau (July 10).
More details on www.forestry.gov.uk/music.