X Factor star to appear at Thetford Forest
Rebecca GoughNewly fledged pop star Diana Vickers will support Scouting for Girls at their gig in Thetford Forest on July 8.Rebecca Gough
Newly fledged pop star Diana Vickers will support Scouting for Girls at their gig in Thetford Forest on July 8.
Diana Vickers, an X Factor semi-finalist, delayed her pop career while she starred in the London stage production of Little Voice. Since signing a record deal in March both her debut single Once and debut album Songs From The Tainted Cherry Tree entered the UK chart at number one.
This Easter Scouting For Girls also hit the top spot in the singles chart with This Ain't A Love Song from their latest album Everybody Wants To Be On TV.
Earlier this month it was revealed Cherry Ghost and The Cheek will be supporting Doves at their gig, also at Thetford Forest, on Saturday, June 12.
Cherry Ghost - who won the Ivor Novello Award for best contemporary song with People Help The People - recently played with Doves on their indoor UK tour.
The concerts are two of six dates in the Forestry Commission Live Music 2010.
- 1 Riverside pub undergoes £80k refurb in time for summer
- 2 City burger joint takes beef off the menu
- 3 Drivers bemused as underwear strewn across pedestrian crossing
- 4 11 reasons why Norwich is the best city
- 5 Everything you need to know about the Sweet Briar Road closure
- 6 Watch: A handful of protesters gather as City thumped on last day of season
- 7 Major changes coming to the sale of domestic fuels
- 8 Norwich man charged with kidnap after posing as a taxi driver
- 9 Why NR3 is being dubbed the 'new Shoreditch'
- 10 Key worker couple celebrate 'fairy tale' day after winning £32,000 wedding
The others are Keane (June 10), which is sold out, Simply Red (June 11), also sold out, Scouting For Girls (July 8), The Saturdays (June 9) and Katie Melau (July 10).
More details on www.forestry.gov.uk/music.