X Factor star to appear at Thetford Forest
Rebecca GoughNewly fledged pop star Diana Vickers will support Scouting for Girls at their gig in Thetford Forest on July 8.Rebecca Gough
Newly fledged pop star Diana Vickers will support Scouting for Girls at their gig in Thetford Forest on July 8.
Diana Vickers, an X Factor semi-finalist, delayed her pop career while she starred in the London stage production of Little Voice. Since signing a record deal in March both her debut single Once and debut album Songs From The Tainted Cherry Tree entered the UK chart at number one.
This Easter Scouting For Girls also hit the top spot in the singles chart with This Ain't A Love Song from their latest album Everybody Wants To Be On TV.
Earlier this month it was revealed Cherry Ghost and The Cheek will be supporting Doves at their gig, also at Thetford Forest, on Saturday, June 12.
You may also want to watch:
Cherry Ghost - who won the Ivor Novello Award for best contemporary song with People Help The People - recently played with Doves on their indoor UK tour.
The concerts are two of six dates in the Forestry Commission Live Music 2010.
- 1 Bid to turn Norwich pub into health clinic
- 2 9 of the best farm shops in Norfolk
- 3 Expansion will see 250 extra places at oversubscribed school
- 4 Date set for High Court showdown over £271m Anglia Square plans
- 5 Fresh questions over 'Japanese restaurant' in Norwich home
- 6 Boost for outdoor drinking and dining when Covid restrictions ease
- 7 Family's horror after learning mother was buried in wrong grave
- 8 New owners of hairdressers plan to buy out 10 salons in six months
- 9 The Norwich pub quiz: do you know your locals?
- 10 9 big movies filmed in Norfolk - and why there could be more
The others are Keane (June 10), which is sold out, Simply Red (June 11), also sold out, Scouting For Girls (July 8), The Saturdays (June 9) and Katie Melau (July 10).
More details on www.forestry.gov.uk/music.