X Factor and MTV guests bring extra buzz to Norwich holiday workshops
Three special guests brought an added buzz to some summer holiday workshops in Norwich.
Organised by theatre arts school Stagecoach and held at Notre Dame High School, the workshop had more than 50 children attend over five days.
The workshops included singing, hip hop, musical theatre and drama from three professionals teachers, with three special guests lending their expertise.
First was Justin Vanderhyde, who was in last year's series of the X Factor and got as far as judge Louis Walsh's house. He held a singing workshop with the children.
He was joined by Rie Fujjii, who has recently been in the video of UK hip hop stars Tinchy Strider and Wiley and is a choreographer for MTV, who taught a street dance workshop.
You may also want to watch:
There was also Elliot Trend, who runs one of the biggest break dance crews in Britain – The Dance Off Crew – who recently featured in the Smirnoff Ice Advert.
He is a also choreographer for Britain's Got Talent and he put on a breakdance workshop.
- 1 Vision for multi-million pound new Norwich venue revealed
- 2 Police seal off building site in Norwich
- 3 'People love it' - Landlady opens second pub in Earlham Road
- 4 Stylish bungalow to rent on edge of Norwich - and it even has a hot tub
- 5 Two city businesses on the move as mystery new tenant hovers
- 6 Police cordon remains in place after serious sex assault in Norwich
- 7 Volunteer hit with £100 parking fee while collecting food for needy
- 8 IKEA: What went wrong?
- 9 Woman sexually assaulted in Norwich
- 10 Woman on soft-food diet 'forever' after attack by kick-boxer partner
Principal of Stagecoach Norwich, Jennie Fisher, said: 'It was quite a big deal to get the three instructors in – getting someone from the X Factor is quite hard. They were all amazing.
'All the parents loved what the kids had learned in the big show we held at the end. It was probably one of the best yet, it was all outstanding.'
Stagecoach is the biggest part-time theatre school in the world and has been running for more than 20 years, with more than 400 schools worldwide. Stagecoach in Norwich runs during term time and to celebrate its fifth year a free taster session is being offered to anyone that wants to come along.
Call 08450 556451 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to book a session, or go to www.stagecoach.co.uk/norwich.html
Are you holding a community event? Call Local Life editor David Freezer on 01603 772418 or email email@example.com