Wymondham hairdresser to mark first flight with a charity skydive
A young hairdresser will be plunging 10,000 ft in a charity skydive, despite never having stepped inside an aeroplane before.
First-time flyer Gemma Snelling, 19, of Great Ellingham, near Attleborough, will be heading to Beccles Airfield on September 25 to bravely undertake a tandem skydive for Parkinson's UK.
The 19-year-old, who works in Marolas hair salon, in Wymondham, hopes to raise hundreds of pounds in tribute to family members who have suffered with the disease.
She said: 'After much thought and in wanting to raise as much money as possible I decided to do a tandem skydive from 10,000 ft – although I've never done anything like this before and have never been a passenger in an aircraft.
'I'm determined to take the jump. I'm quite excited about it.'
You may also want to watch:
Parkinson's UK is a national charity which supports research into treatments for the disease and provides guidance for sufferers.
On her chosen charity, Gemma added: 'It's a lesser known charity then some and it's of particular interest because of two great-grandparents who suffered with the condition for more than 20 years. I also last another family member to the illness.
- 1 Alan Carr enjoys 'delicious food' and leaves large tip at city restaurant
- 2 'Disaster from start to finish': Parents slam school for failing kids
- 3 Tributes paid to 'amazing' Norwich shop worker
- 4 See how Norwich Castle's keep is being transformed
- 5 'I don't feel safe' - Boss' fears just one month into shop job
- 6 Schoolchildren still without playing field after TWO YEARS
- 7 All the fish and chip shops in Norwich with 5-star hygiene ratings
- 8 Motorcyclist injured after crash on Norwich road
- 9 What might happen to former Debenhams store in city centre?
- 10 Family piano shop founded in 1887 is leaving the city
'It's a very worthy cause and I'm looking forward to raising as much money as possible so if anyone is willing to help please get in contact.'
To sponsor Gemma, call Marolas hair salon on 01953 602847 or pop into the shop in Fairland Street.
Are you taking on a brave challenge for charity? Email email@example.com