Wymondham group fundraising for Air Ambulance
A group from Wymondham plan to double their fundraising efforts this year to raise vital pounds for patients across East Anglia.
The Wymondham Helicopter Group have raised about �10,000 for the East Anglian Air Ambulance over the past four years and are planning to raise that amount again in the next year.
Husband and wife team, Norman and Helen Illsley, of High House Avenue, Wymondham, have a whole host of fundraising events planned for the year, from tribute bands to concerts.
Mr Illsley said: 'We feel very strongly towards the Air Ambulance.
'We started off in a small way and are trying to get more people to help – we want to put the group on the map.
'We like to feel by the end of the year we can raise a few bob.'
The group are also trying to get more people to the area to take advantage of the Central Hall refurbishment in Wymondham.
- 1 Greater Anglia application to demolish train station thrown out
- 2 What is this mystery tower that has sprung up in Norwich?
- 3 Load of Bull! Anger as Red Bull ramps up threat against Norwich gin firm
- 4 'I can't lose!' City fan places 150/1 bet on Canaries dismal scoring record
- 5 Asteroid bigger than any building on Earth to be visible in Norfolk skies
- 6 Superhero City fan vows 'months of abuse' will not stop him
- 7 Drunk student crashed into hotel wall after drinking tequilas
- 8 Two Norwich shops named among UK's best independent stores
- 9 It's going down! Demolition of car showroom begins to make way for homes
- 10 Seven Sprowston neighbours scoop £30,000 lottery win
Mr Illsley said: 'It is now a very up to date hall. We would say it is one of the best smaller halls in Norfolk.
'With our events we are trying to get good people, shows and dances.'
One of their most anticipated events will be taking place on Saturday, June 11.
Mr Illsley explained: 'We also have on at the Norwich Cathedral the South Wales Male Choir giving a concert. There are about a hundred of the choir, which is absolutely fantastic. We also need sponsorship and donations. We will appreciate anything and we are fortunate to have people who give generously.'
For more information call 01953 600563 or visit www.wymondhamhelicoptergroup.btck.co.uk.
To find out more about the East Anglian Air Ambulance call or 0845 066 9999 visit www.eaaa.org.uk
Are you holding a fundraising event? Contact Local Life editor Donna-Louise Bishop at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01603 772438.