Wymondham group fundraising for Air Ambulance
A group from Wymondham plan to double their fundraising efforts this year to raise vital pounds for patients across East Anglia.
The Wymondham Helicopter Group have raised about �10,000 for the East Anglian Air Ambulance over the past four years and are planning to raise that amount again in the next year.
Husband and wife team, Norman and Helen Illsley, of High House Avenue, Wymondham, have a whole host of fundraising events planned for the year, from tribute bands to concerts.
Mr Illsley said: 'We feel very strongly towards the Air Ambulance.
'We started off in a small way and are trying to get more people to help – we want to put the group on the map.
You may also want to watch:
'We like to feel by the end of the year we can raise a few bob.'
The group are also trying to get more people to the area to take advantage of the Central Hall refurbishment in Wymondham.
- 1 Monster rats 'the size of cats' invade city - and get in via the LOO
- 2 WATCH: Bus and cyclist skip red light in city
- 3 New café serves a hundred customers in two hours on opening day
- 4 Spectacle of light with 'Norfolk's biggest ever firework display' announced
- 5 Star-studded cast announced for Norwich Theatre Royal 2021 panto
- 6 Plan for 1,600 homes would see new school and health centre open
- 7 Siblings slam council for 'backtracking' on council flat
- 8 First look as Norwich's new £2.75m recycling centre opens
- 9 EastEnders star is coming to Norwich
- 10 See inside renovated 1950s Norwich factory apartment for sale for £350,000
Mr Illsley said: 'It is now a very up to date hall. We would say it is one of the best smaller halls in Norfolk.
'With our events we are trying to get good people, shows and dances.'
One of their most anticipated events will be taking place on Saturday, June 11.
Mr Illsley explained: 'We also have on at the Norwich Cathedral the South Wales Male Choir giving a concert. There are about a hundred of the choir, which is absolutely fantastic. We also need sponsorship and donations. We will appreciate anything and we are fortunate to have people who give generously.'
For more information call 01953 600563 or visit www.wymondhamhelicoptergroup.btck.co.uk.
To find out more about the East Anglian Air Ambulance call or 0845 066 9999 visit www.eaaa.org.uk
Are you holding a fundraising event? Contact Local Life editor Donna-Louise Bishop at email@example.com or call 01603 772438.