Wymondham festival plans revealed
Stephanie BrooksMusic fans will be flocking to Wymondham again this summer as the town launches it annual festival showcasing the best in national and local talent.Stephanie Brooks
Music fans will be flocking to Wymondham again this summer as the town launches it annual festival showcasing the best in national and local talent.
Organisers behind the Wymondham Music Festival will be handing out this year's programme, with a little musical accompaniment from Norfolk-based skiffle man Pete 'Kiwi' Keegan, in Market Place, on Saturday, between 10am and midday.
The festival, which is in its 15th year, aims is to celebrate professional Norfolk musicians, combined with a selection of national artists.
The varied performances and events on offer range from a Steely Dan tribute band to a look at Jane Austen's musical England, from opera to Indian classical music, folk, jazz and even a teddy bears' picnic.
More than 50 events, most of them free to attend, will take place at venues across the town, including the 12th century Wymondham Abbey, King's Head Meadow, Browick Road recreation ground, the Baptist Church, and the festival even heads further afield to the beautiful Kimberley Hall and Becket's Chapel.
Festival Fortnight will run between June 26 and July 11, but people can also catch live musical performances in the town from May.
- 1 School sacks suspended teacher after investigation and petition
- 2 Roads chaos continues with more work lined up at busy junction
- 3 House price boom pushing city buyers out of the market
- 4 All you need to know ahead of The Killers concert at Carrow Road
- 5 Green light for park and ride, drive throughs and offices near Norwich
- 6 When will work start on new Aldi store?
- 7 Meet the mystery city woman behind the Queen's post box topper
- 8 Weather warning as thunderstorms set to hit Norfolk
- 9 'Fast & Furious' modified cars reported speeding down industrial road
- 10 Staff tuck into emergency honeycomb after bees rescued from city pub
John Wood, chairman of Wymondham Music Festival, said: 'Wymondham is a real musical hot bed. Our festival provides a wide range of music experiences, which promote fine Norfolk musicians, along with our many local music societies and musicians.
'We also showcase our historic market town and look forward to welcoming music fans of all ages and tastes to this beautiful part of Norfolk.'
The festival is supported by Wymondham Town Council, South Norfolk Council and Norfolk County Council.
For more information, call 01953 601939, or visit www.wymfestival.org.uk