Wymondham couple celebrate ‘180th’ birthday
A WYMONDHAM couple, who are approaching 70 years of marriage, overcame ill health to enjoy a '180th' birthday party in the town.
More than 50 family and friends joined the celebration on Saturday, November 6 to mark the 90th birthdays of Vera and Ray Gray, right.
Vera, who turned 90 in early October, fell and broke her hip shortly after her birthday and the big party was in jeopardy. But with the help and support of her family, the staff at Dereham Hospital where she is currently recovering, and a wheelchair taxi, she was able to attend the celebrations.
Ray, a former Colman's worker in Norwich, who will be 90 in early January, is currently recovering at the Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital after having a fall.
The couple, who married in 1942, have two children, two grandchildren and four great grandchildren, and celebrated their birthdays at the Town Green Centre in Wymondham.
You may also want to watch:
Instead of presents the couple asked for donations of �205 to be presented to the Children's Society as Mrs Gray used to help in the charity's Wymondham shop.
They moved to Wymondham four years ago after previously living in Trowse, in Norwich.
- 1 City ready for Cantwell and Aarons end game
- 2 Body found at Mousehold Heath there for 'considerable amount of time'
- 3 'They're blaming me' - Social housing tenant angry over state of flat
- 4 Pupils will start September term in different school over safety fears
- 5 More storms ahead as flood warnings remain in place
- 6 Where are the best rooftop bars in Norwich?
- 7 'A great guy' - Tributes to much-loved City fan who travelled home and away
- 8 Hunt for man in connection with drug dealing
- 9 More than a dozen arrests in Norwich on Saturday night
- 10 Perfect plaices? Three fish and chip firms go up for sale