Wymondham barber opens his own shop
A young barber in Wymondham has begun welcoming customers into his new shop.
Jack Bentley, 23, opened his first barbershop – called Bentley's – in Market Street on November 21.
The former Wymondham High School student began his training at the nearby Poppa John barbershop in Whartons Court when he was just 16.
After completing a three-year National Hairdressers' Federation apprenticeship, he became self-employed and moved on to renting a chair at Kutz Rebellion in Middleton Street.
But when the premises in Market Street became vacant – which was home to a former clock shop – he saw an opportunity to further his career.
You may also want to watch:
Mr Bentley said his first few weeks of running his own barbershop have gone well.
'Things are going really good. I was a bit nervous to start with but the opportunity came up and I thought I had to take it,' he said.
- 1 Norwich takeaway's food poisoning complaint investigation closed
- 2 Farke makes a pact with City squad
- 3 Tenants battled 'extreme mould' for months
- 4 Woman cut from car after crash on A11
- 5 City star Buendia reveals Messi's Argentina intervention
- 6 Drivers delivering for Amazon have hundreds of pounds of pay withheld
- 7 New Turkish takeaway which cooks over coals shows how kebabs should be done
- 8 Former Norwich North MP and champion of city Dr Ian Gibson dies
- 9 Tributes paid to popular Avenue Middle School head who taught thousands of Norwich children
- 10 Pub relying on British public's resolve ahead of reopening outside space
'I started as a Saturday boy just to earn a bit of money and as I approached the end of school I was asked if I wanted to carry on and learn the trade.
'I spoke to my parents and we thought it was a job that I would always be able to do because everyone needs their hair cut and I could go anywhere in the world with it.'
On why he enjoys his job, he said: 'It's getting to meet all the people. Everyone wants a different style so you're always learning.'
He said he hopes to provide a modern twist on the classical barbershop with future aims to install a television and a games console in the shop to keep children amused while waiting for their hair cuts.
Bentley's is open Monday to Friday from 8am to 5.30pm, with a late opening of 7pm on Thursday. The barbershop also opens on Saturday from 7am to 3pm.
For more information, call 01953 605754.