Wrap up in style against the Norfolk elements this winter
Emma Harrowing picks some of this season's must-have coats to suit all budgets.
The cape was big news in last year's winter coat collection and those that love this smart/casual style will be pleased to know that this style is still hot this winter.
In fact there are many different shapes and colours on trend for coats this year – from the casual all-weather parka to the classic trench, to this season's new floor-length style.
For petite girls keep your winter cover-up quite neat with a cropped fitted jacket or a belted trench that falls just above your knee. If you want to update your look choose a coat in an eye-popping bright colour and wear with a clashing scarf for winter's take on the colour clash trend. Tall girls will look fabulous in winter's floor-length coat, a piece that will make you instantly look smart and stylish.
Vintage chicks are wrapping themselves in classic faux fur and there are coats and jackets to suit all colourings and shapes this season.
Go for a midi length coat if you are tall, a jacket if you are petite and a three-quarter sleeve faux fur if you have a waist as this style coat can make you look a little boxy if you have a curvy figure.
For those that want to look like they have their finger on the fashion pulse opt for this year's boyfriend coat to rock the boy/girl trend, or go for tartan or plaid to add pattern to your winter look.
- 1 City teen gets celebrity backing for prom dress
- 2 City chip shop might be SINKING but refuses to close
- 3 Restaurant with 'interactive dining experience' to open in Norwich
- 4 Country pub announces closure due to rising costs
- 5 'We just want to hold our son' - Plea for help to bring miracle baby home
- 6 Class A drugs seized from three men in city woods
- 7 Pub closes for £5,000 refurb to enable it to serve drinks faster
- 8 Man, 67, arrested on suspicion of arson after city flat fire
- 9 Four restaurants in Norwich nominated for national awards
- 10 Plea to get 5ft mega bush axed from busy pavement
Whatever your style it's cool to wrap up warm when it's chilly outside.
Take a look at our photo gallery by clicking the link at the top right hand side of this page to see our pick of the coats this season.