World-class family fun coming to Norfolk Showground this weekend
Families from across Norwich have been urged to visit the Norfolk Showground this weekend for two days of entertainment as part of the East Anglian Game and Country Fair.
The annual two-day, family event kicks off at the Costessey showground tomorrow with more than 250 shopping stands and a line-up of attractions to ensure plenty of fun in the sun for all the family.
Some of the world-class draws on offer during the weekend will include six times FITASC Sporting World Champion, European Champion and English Open Champion John Bidwell, who will be performing his off the hip shooting demonstration.
There will be an appearance by Savage Skills, the UK's leading freestyle mountain bike stunt team with their interactive Ultimate Air Show display.
Other attractions include world-famous horse behaviourist Richard Maxwell, Dock Dogs – canines of all shapes and sizes leaping into a large pool of water, sheepdog and duck displays, the dog and ferret arena, Hustanton Watersports with their powerkites and scores of other demonstrations, displays, rides and even flights to be enjoyed. Andy Grand, event organiser, said: 'We class it as the perfect day for families with world class events and attractions from across the globe coming to the showground for the weekend.'
You may also want to watch:
The event takes place between 8am and 6pm both days. Tickets are available on the gate and priced at �12 (adults), �5 (children, five to 16) �34 (family, two adults and three children) free (under fives). Parking is free.
- 1 All the major 2021 Norwich events scheduled to go ahead
- 2 Award-winning Norfolk school appoints new headteacher
- 3 Not so fast Thomas. Farke dismisses Brentford boss claims after 1-0 City win
- 4 Craig David announces 2021 outdoor concert in Norwich
- 5 Road closure warning for £940,000 traffic shake-up in Norwich
- 6 Teenager jailed for sexual offences in Norwich
- 7 No recent virus cases in more than a quarter of Norfolk and Waveney
- 8 Mum tells how condition has made son, 10, throw himself down stairs
- 9 'Size doesn't matter': Three pals get go-ahead for city micropub
- 10 Norwich City fan recovering after 52-day Covid hospital battle