World-class family fun coming to Norfolk Showground this weekend
Families from across Norwich have been urged to visit the Norfolk Showground this weekend for two days of entertainment as part of the East Anglian Game and Country Fair.
The annual two-day, family event kicks off at the Costessey showground tomorrow with more than 250 shopping stands and a line-up of attractions to ensure plenty of fun in the sun for all the family.
Some of the world-class draws on offer during the weekend will include six times FITASC Sporting World Champion, European Champion and English Open Champion John Bidwell, who will be performing his off the hip shooting demonstration.
There will be an appearance by Savage Skills, the UK's leading freestyle mountain bike stunt team with their interactive Ultimate Air Show display.
Other attractions include world-famous horse behaviourist Richard Maxwell, Dock Dogs – canines of all shapes and sizes leaping into a large pool of water, sheepdog and duck displays, the dog and ferret arena, Hustanton Watersports with their powerkites and scores of other demonstrations, displays, rides and even flights to be enjoyed. Andy Grand, event organiser, said: 'We class it as the perfect day for families with world class events and attractions from across the globe coming to the showground for the weekend.'
The event takes place between 8am and 6pm both days. Tickets are available on the gate and priced at �12 (adults), �5 (children, five to 16) �34 (family, two adults and three children) free (under fives). Parking is free.
- 1 'I can't lose!' City fan places 150/1 bet on Canaries dismal scoring record
- 2 £3.1m roadworks on new bus lane and crossings could last for ONE YEAR
- 3 From mustard to postcodes: 15 things Norwich has given the world
- 4 High-flyer at school to heroin addict - City homeless man reveals his story
- 5 Restaurant owner 'excited' as Norwich street is permanently pedestrianised
- 6 Norwich venue offering Afternoon Cheese and it looks incredible
- 7 Seven-bed Edwardian home with heated swimming pool for sale
- 8 Busy road to partially close for line repainting at end of new bus lane
- 9 'Covid has killed us' - 65-year-old Norwich venue The Talk to close
- 10 Cockapoo Café coming to Norwich next month