World-class family fun coming to Norfolk Showground this weekend
Families from across Norwich have been urged to visit the Norfolk Showground this weekend for two days of entertainment as part of the East Anglian Game and Country Fair.
The annual two-day, family event kicks off at the Costessey showground tomorrow with more than 250 shopping stands and a line-up of attractions to ensure plenty of fun in the sun for all the family.
Some of the world-class draws on offer during the weekend will include six times FITASC Sporting World Champion, European Champion and English Open Champion John Bidwell, who will be performing his off the hip shooting demonstration.
There will be an appearance by Savage Skills, the UK's leading freestyle mountain bike stunt team with their interactive Ultimate Air Show display.
Other attractions include world-famous horse behaviourist Richard Maxwell, Dock Dogs – canines of all shapes and sizes leaping into a large pool of water, sheepdog and duck displays, the dog and ferret arena, Hustanton Watersports with their powerkites and scores of other demonstrations, displays, rides and even flights to be enjoyed. Andy Grand, event organiser, said: 'We class it as the perfect day for families with world class events and attractions from across the globe coming to the showground for the weekend.'
You may also want to watch:
The event takes place between 8am and 6pm both days. Tickets are available on the gate and priced at �12 (adults), �5 (children, five to 16) �34 (family, two adults and three children) free (under fives). Parking is free.
- 1 'Disaster from start to finish': Parents slam school for failing kids
- 2 Alan Carr enjoys 'delicious food' and leaves large tip at city restaurant
- 3 Power still out in parts of Norwich city centre six hours later
- 4 Family piano shop founded in 1887 is leaving the city
- 5 New £64,000 bus lane could cut 80 seconds off journeys
- 6 'I don't feel safe' - Boss' fears just one month into shop job
- 7 See how Norwich Castle's keep is being transformed
- 8 Power cut hits Norwich city centre
- 9 Tributes paid to 'amazing' Norwich shop worker
- 10 Schoolchildren still without playing field after TWO YEARS