Work under way to build new Lidl alongside NDR
- Credit: Archant
Work is under way to build a new branch of supermarket Lidl on the outskirts of Norwich.
The German food retailer was last year granted permission by Broadland Council to build a new branch on and off Poppy Way in Postwick, close to the entrance to the Northern Distributor Road.
Now, work has started to construct the new 1,256msq store at Broaldand Gate, which once opened will create around 40 new jobs in the area.
Andrew Hodgkinson, Lidl's regional head of property, said: "There has been much anticipation for this new Lidl store and it is great that we are now in a position to break the ground and start construction. This would mark our fourth store in Norwich.
"We are extremely grateful for all the support that we have received so fr and would like to thank everyone for their patience and understanding while we enter this next phase of development."
You may also want to watch:
The work is expected to last around eight months, with a view to opening the store towards the end of the summer.
- 1 Emma Thompson and Peaky Blinders actor to star in new film shot in Norwich
- 2 ‘Safeguarding’ teacher allowed vulnerable pupil to keep pills
- 3 Family of missing man informed after body found near lake
- 4 Chef to reopen major hotel that closed amid financial woes
- 5 Road to close for three nights for £100,000 work
- 6 Olives in Norwich launches cooked breakfast delivery service
- 7 Calls for bridge to stop A47 dualling work leaving villagers cut off
- 8 Couple who drove from Hull to Norfolk for a walk among lockdown breakers
- 9 Revealed: how many people have had the Covid-19 vaccine where you live
- 10 Homelessness workers 'almost at point of collapse'