Woodforde's launches World Cup beer
Adam AikenBroads brewery Woodforde's raised a glass to the World Cup yesterday with the launch of cask ale Game On ahead of the football tournament.The beer was unveiled at Norwich City FC's Carrow Road ground, with the first pint pulled by Chris Pope, executive head chef at Delia's Canary Catering.Adam Aiken
Broads brewery Woodforde's raised a glass to the World Cup yesterday with the launch of cask ale Game On ahead of the football tournament.
The beer was unveiled at Norwich City FC's Carrow Road ground, with the first pint pulled by Chris Pope, executive head chef at Delia's Canary Catering.
'Our brewing team is very passionate about football and equally passionate about cask ale, so it was inevitable that a new cask beer should emerge for the World Cup,' said Woodforde's head brewer Neil Bain, who came up with the formula for the 4pc beer with brewery manager Bruce Ash.
The Canaries have chosen Game On to be the cask ale at the various hospitality events being held at Carrow Road during the World Cup. Meanwhile, more than 20 pubs have already taken delivery of the beer, and it will be available from this week until the final on July 11.
You may also want to watch:
Game On - which contains ingredients from Norfolk and around the world - is also available in 18 and 36-pint beerboxes direct from the Woodbastwick brewery. They can be collected in person or ordered online or by phone.
- 1 Neighbours' shock as man's body found in flat weeks after he died
- 2 Tributes to popular entertainer after death following tragic accident
- 3 Former City skipper a frontrunner for Swansea job
- 4 Norfolk hit by thunderstorms and heavy hail
- 5 Body of man in 20s found at nature reserve near Norwich
- 6 New 20mph speed cameras to tackle NDR rat-runners
- 7 Large estate to have its first food store this autumn
- 8 'It was as if Covid didn't exist' - Latitude-goers report positive tests
- 9 Sneak peek inside first £2.7m luxury mansion for sale
- 10 Pasta and cocktails bar opens in Norwich