Woman from Little Melton raised thousands for Big C
A staunch supporter of Big C from Little Melton has raised a further �2,160 for the cancer charity.
Rosemary Warnes, of School Lane, has supported the charity for several years and has raised nearly �8,000 in total since she started her fundraising efforts.
Always on the lookout for ways to make money for Big C, she has raised the funds in numerous ways from selling blackberries, potatoes, jam and marmalade made locally to holding bingo evenings and selling cards.
The latest bingo night at Little Melton Village Hall raised �525.
Lesley Cologne, community fundraising manager for Big C, said: 'I am never surprised with the ideas that Rosemary comes up with – she is absolutely amazing. She never says no to anything anyone offers her to raise money for the charity. We are so grateful for all of her continuous hard work – where would we be without the wonderful members of the community such as Rosemary?'
You may also want to watch:
Big C is a local cancer charity supporting cancer sufferers and their families throughout Norfolk and Waveney.
The charity runs its Big Cuppa week between May 12 to 19.
- 1 Extent of Norwich Prison Covid outbreak revealed
- 2 Hopes raised former pub could become community hub
- 3 'Sounded like my roof was coming off': RAF jet sonic boom heard over city
- 4 Before and after: How has Norwich changed over the years?
- 5 The areas where Covid rates have fallen the fastest since lockdown began
- 6 Former village pub for sale as home
- 7 Covid team to knock on Norwich doors to get people to self-isolate
- 8 21 bins left on street sparks debate on keeping pavements clear
- 9 'People are fed up with roasts': Chef ditches Sunday dinner takeaways
- 10 Up and coming Norwich musician reaches number 13 in UK charts
For more information visit http://bit.ly/BigCuppa or call the charity on 01603 619900.