Woman from Little Melton raised thousands for Big C
A staunch supporter of Big C from Little Melton has raised a further �2,160 for the cancer charity.
Rosemary Warnes, of School Lane, has supported the charity for several years and has raised nearly �8,000 in total since she started her fundraising efforts.
Always on the lookout for ways to make money for Big C, she has raised the funds in numerous ways from selling blackberries, potatoes, jam and marmalade made locally to holding bingo evenings and selling cards.
The latest bingo night at Little Melton Village Hall raised �525.
Lesley Cologne, community fundraising manager for Big C, said: 'I am never surprised with the ideas that Rosemary comes up with – she is absolutely amazing. She never says no to anything anyone offers her to raise money for the charity. We are so grateful for all of her continuous hard work – where would we be without the wonderful members of the community such as Rosemary?'
You may also want to watch:
Big C is a local cancer charity supporting cancer sufferers and their families throughout Norfolk and Waveney.
The charity runs its Big Cuppa week between May 12 to 19.
- 1 'Dream come true': Norwich restaurant wins national award
- 2 Norwich man convicted of murder boasts of mutilating 'up to 30' cats
- 3 'Our lives are being destroyed': Neighbours' despair over noisy students
- 4 Pupil taken to hospital after incident at Thorpe St Andrew school
- 5 Mum's pleas to move house denied despite GP's concerns over wellbeing
- 6 Should straight people go into queer clubs and bars?
- 7 Man found dead at Thorpe St Andrew home
- 8 'The final straw' - Bakery fears closure over council plans
- 9 Norwich man wanted by police
- 10 See inside this quirky bungalow for sale near Norwich railway station
For more information visit http://bit.ly/BigCuppa or call the charity on 01603 619900.