Woman from Little Melton raised thousands for Big C
A staunch supporter of Big C from Little Melton has raised a further �2,160 for the cancer charity.
Rosemary Warnes, of School Lane, has supported the charity for several years and has raised nearly �8,000 in total since she started her fundraising efforts.
Always on the lookout for ways to make money for Big C, she has raised the funds in numerous ways from selling blackberries, potatoes, jam and marmalade made locally to holding bingo evenings and selling cards.
The latest bingo night at Little Melton Village Hall raised �525.
Lesley Cologne, community fundraising manager for Big C, said: 'I am never surprised with the ideas that Rosemary comes up with – she is absolutely amazing. She never says no to anything anyone offers her to raise money for the charity. We are so grateful for all of her continuous hard work – where would we be without the wonderful members of the community such as Rosemary?'
You may also want to watch:
Big C is a local cancer charity supporting cancer sufferers and their families throughout Norfolk and Waveney.
The charity runs its Big Cuppa week between May 12 to 19.
- 1 Landlord fined £6,100 for state of Norwich apartment block
- 2 Extinction Rebellion protesters arrested for smashing Barclays windows
- 3 Streets of Norwich packed as lockdown rules ease
- 4 Vulnerable 15-year-old brought to Norwich from London to deal drugs
- 5 Third time lucky for historic pub's reopening
- 6 Tables fill at restaurants and pubs as bar serves 450 on reopening day
- 7 Norwich pub's shock after city council refuse outdoor seating bid
- 8 Boss puts Queen Anne family home up for sale for £1.325m
- 9 Work starts to transform former bakery into £13m site
- 10 Robbie Savage: 'Never mind Stuart Webber, it's all down to me'
For more information visit http://bit.ly/BigCuppa or call the charity on 01603 619900.