Woman from Little Melton raised thousands for Big C
A staunch supporter of Big C from Little Melton has raised a further �2,160 for the cancer charity.
Rosemary Warnes, of School Lane, has supported the charity for several years and has raised nearly �8,000 in total since she started her fundraising efforts.
Always on the lookout for ways to make money for Big C, she has raised the funds in numerous ways from selling blackberries, potatoes, jam and marmalade made locally to holding bingo evenings and selling cards.
The latest bingo night at Little Melton Village Hall raised �525.
Lesley Cologne, community fundraising manager for Big C, said: 'I am never surprised with the ideas that Rosemary comes up with – she is absolutely amazing. She never says no to anything anyone offers her to raise money for the charity. We are so grateful for all of her continuous hard work – where would we be without the wonderful members of the community such as Rosemary?'
Big C is a local cancer charity supporting cancer sufferers and their families throughout Norfolk and Waveney.
The charity runs its Big Cuppa week between May 12 to 19.
- 1 House swap sees woman move into home infested with fleas
- 2 Woman with incurable cancer left devastated after car and jewellery stolen
- 3 £3,000 worth of beauty products stolen from Sainsbury's store
- 4 Your chance to meet The Bill star who has moved to Norfolk
- 5 Eight-bed detached house in NR3 up for auction for £300k
- 6 Party in the Park coming to Norwich with global food, stalls and music
- 7 Homes plan for former Start-Rite shoe factory site rejected
- 8 Independent city store 'honoured' to be named UK's retailer of the year
- 9 Norwich man charged with kidnap after posing as a taxi driver
- 10 M&S to close 32 stores as part of move away from town centres
For more information visit http://bit.ly/BigCuppa or call the charity on 01603 619900.