Woman from Little Melton raised thousands for Big C
A staunch supporter of Big C from Little Melton has raised a further �2,160 for the cancer charity.
Rosemary Warnes, of School Lane, has supported the charity for several years and has raised nearly �8,000 in total since she started her fundraising efforts.
Always on the lookout for ways to make money for Big C, she has raised the funds in numerous ways from selling blackberries, potatoes, jam and marmalade made locally to holding bingo evenings and selling cards.
The latest bingo night at Little Melton Village Hall raised �525.
Lesley Cologne, community fundraising manager for Big C, said: 'I am never surprised with the ideas that Rosemary comes up with – she is absolutely amazing. She never says no to anything anyone offers her to raise money for the charity. We are so grateful for all of her continuous hard work – where would we be without the wonderful members of the community such as Rosemary?'
You may also want to watch:
Big C is a local cancer charity supporting cancer sufferers and their families throughout Norfolk and Waveney.
The charity runs its Big Cuppa week between May 12 to 19.
- 1 New 20mph speed cameras to tackle NDR rat-runners
- 2 'They're blaming me' - Social housing tenant angry over state of flat
- 3 Affordable, high quality retro furniture store coming to city
- 4 Audi driver more than four times over alcohol limit in Norwich
- 5 Pupils will start September term in different school over safety fears
- 6 Large estate to have its first food store this autumn
- 7 Body found at Mousehold Heath there for 'considerable amount of time'
- 8 Major £800,000 revamp proposed for busy city road
- 9 Police called to troublespot Norwich hotel 324 times in two years
- 10 Have your say on plans for new nature reserve on edge of Norwich
For more information visit http://bit.ly/BigCuppa or call the charity on 01603 619900.