Woman found lying injured in busy Norwich Street
Police and Ambulance from Norwich responded to a report of a woman lying in the road at Bank Plain, outside the Open Youth Venue, this afternoon.
At 1.45pm police received the call and upon arriving at the scene found a woman in her fifties bleeding from her head in the road.
A police spokesman said she had not been hit by a car but had fallen off the curb face first into the road.
An East of England Ambulance Service spokesman said the woman had been treated at the scene for head injuries that were not immediately life threatening, and is now at the Norfolk and Norwich Hospital.
The cause of the fall is unknown.
You may also want to watch:
Anyone with information should call police on 101.
- 1 'Disaster from start to finish': Parents slam school for failing kids
- 2 Power still out in parts of Norwich city centre six hours later
- 3 New £64,000 bus lane could cut 80 seconds off journeys
- 4 Resurfacing works to see closures on three busy city roads
- 5 Alan Carr enjoys 'delicious food' and leaves large tip at city restaurant
- 6 People in Norwich fined £21k for failing to pay for prescriptions
- 7 'Diabolical' - Fury over trees felled for road widening scheme
- 8 Family piano shop founded in 1887 is leaving the city
- 9 See how Norwich Castle's keep is being transformed
- 10 Roadworks to be aware of in Norwich this week