Woman found lying injured in busy Norwich Street
Police and Ambulance from Norwich responded to a report of a woman lying in the road at Bank Plain, outside the Open Youth Venue, this afternoon.
At 1.45pm police received the call and upon arriving at the scene found a woman in her fifties bleeding from her head in the road.
A police spokesman said she had not been hit by a car but had fallen off the curb face first into the road.
An East of England Ambulance Service spokesman said the woman had been treated at the scene for head injuries that were not immediately life threatening, and is now at the Norfolk and Norwich Hospital.
The cause of the fall is unknown.
Anyone with information should call police on 101.
- 1 'Not our fault' - City man hits back on abandoned caravan after land dispute
- 2 From £35k to homeless: Why rough sleepers struggle to get a job
- 3 Burglars smash way into Patisserie Valerie and nab cash
- 4 House of horrors: Is this the worst council property in Norwich?
- 5 Boss ordered to build road 15 years ago battles to clear name
- 6 'I lived in the woods for 20 years': How Sean is starting new life
- 7 'Not worth it!': Councillor wants new bus lane ditched
- 8 Has £10,000 prize crash landed in Norwich from space?
- 9 'Fixer upper' lodge home goes up for sale near Norwich city centre
- 10 Store still cordoned off with police tape two months after break-in