Woman dies after Lowestoft house fire
Hayley MaceA Lowestoft woman has died after a house fire in the town in the early hours of this morning.Hayley Mace
A Lowestoft woman has died after a house fire in the town in the early hours of this morning.
The 65-year-old woman was taken to the James Paget University Hospital in Gorleston early this morning after the blaze in Bishops Walk at 5.40am.
The woman was found unconscious in the house and was pronounced dead a short time later.
Three fire crews - two from Lowestoft South and one from Normanshurst - were called to a fire in the bedroom of the house and it was put out by 6.30am.
You may also want to watch:
A Suffolk police spokesman said that after initial investigations, the death is currently being treated as unexplained, but it is not thought to be suspicious at this stage.
Next of kin have been informed. An inquest and post mortem examination will be held in due course.
- 1 Alan Carr enjoys 'delicious food' and leaves large tip at city restaurant
- 2 'Disaster from start to finish': Parents slam school for failing kids
- 3 See how Norwich Castle's keep is being transformed
- 4 'I don't feel safe' - Boss' fears just one month into shop job
- 5 Family piano shop founded in 1887 is leaving the city
- 6 Schoolchildren still without playing field after TWO YEARS
- 7 Tributes paid to 'amazing' Norwich shop worker
- 8 Power cut hits Norwich city centre
- 9 What might happen to former Debenhams store in city centre?
- 10 Power still out in parts of Norwich city centre six hours later