Woman collapses on bus in Norwich
- Credit: Eastern Daily Press © 2011
Emergency services were called after a woman collapsed on a bus.
The medical emergency happened on Dereham Road, Norwich, just after 10.45am on Monday, August 20.
An East of England Ambulance Service NHS Trust spokesman said: 'We were called to reports that someone had collapsed on a bus on Dereham Road in Norwich.
'An ambulance crew, an ambulance officer, a rapid response vehicle and the medic response car from East Anglian Air Ambulance (EAAA) was sent to help.
'At the scene we treated a woman, believed to be in her 30s, who had experienced a fit.
'The patient was taken to the Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital for further care.'
As well as paramedics, one crew of firefighters from Earlham attended the incident.
- 1 'Barcelona-style' redevelopment of Next store mooted
- 2 5 affordable homes for first-time buyers currently for sale in Norwich
- 3 House swap sees woman move into home infested with fleas
- 4 M&S to close 32 stores as part of move away from town centres
- 5 Sweet Briar Road 'still on track' to reopen by end of May
- 6 9 of the best Chinese restaurants with delivery in Norwich
- 7 Is this fish and chip-themed afternoon tea the perfect Jubilee treat?
- 8 We built this city: Meet the firm behind some of Norwich's famous landmarks
- 9 Rumours Sweet Briar Road will close again QUASHED by council
- 10 Your chance to meet The Bill star who has moved to Norfolk
Officers from Norfolk Police were also called for safety reasons.