A Wizard of Oz afternoon tea is coming to Norwich
- Credit: Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer/IMDB
Grab your ruby slippers as a Wizard of Oz themed afternoon tea is coming to Norwich.
OPEN on Bank Plain in Norwich is celebrating the 80th birthday of the hit musical with a trip down the yellow brick road.
Located in the former bank managers dining room, guests will enjoy yellow brick road sandwiches, flying monkey cupcakes, munchkin scones, human bone shaped dog biscuits for Toto, and Emerald City milkshakes.
Diners are also encouraged to dress as their favourite character for a costume competition.
The Wizard of Oz was released in 1939 and starred Judy Garland as Dorothy Gale. It features the song Over the Rainbow which won an Oscar for best original song.
You may also want to watch:
Tickets for the afternoon tea, on August 30, start at £9 for children and £14.95 for adults.
And remember, there's no place like home!
- 1 'Our lives are being destroyed': Neighbours' despair over noisy students
- 2 Pupil taken to hospital after incident at Thorpe St Andrew school
- 3 'The final straw' - Bakery fears closure over council plans
- 4 Norwich named UK's most romantic destination
- 5 City staff facing 'mass burnout' but what is behind the extreme exhaustion?
- 6 Man found dead at Thorpe St Andrew home
- 7 Petrol attack shopkeeper opens spice shop and restaurant in former pub
- 8 Fresh plans for rooftop bar on St Stephens
- 9 Women to boycott city nightclubs amid rise in drink spiking
- 10 Diversions in place on A47 near Norwich due to flooding