Witness appeal after fatal Norfolk crash
Police have made a further appeal for witnesses to a fatal road crash to come forward.The road accident occurred at approximately 5.55pm on Saturday, March 20, on the B1150, North Walsham Road at Westwick, at a staggered crossroads for Swanton Abbott and Worstead.
Police have made a further appeal for witnesses to a fatal road crash to come forward.
The road accident occurred at approximately 5.55pm on Saturday, March 20, on the B1150, North Walsham Road at Westwick, at a staggered crossroads for Swanton Abbott and Worstead.
It involved a silver Astra, which was travelling towards North Walsham, and a blue Ford Fusion.
William James, 73, from Pound Lane Blofield, the driver of the Ford Fusion, suffered fatal injuries when his car overturned.
A male passenger in his car also suffered head and internal injuries, while the Astra driver suffered minor injuries.
Officers would like to speak to anybody who witnessed the collision or the manner of driving of either vehicle prior to the accident.
- 1 Single mum resorts to sleeping in her car due to 'unlivable' flat
- 2 Michael McIntyre and Robert Rinder spotted at Carrow Road
- 3 Norwich man charged with kidnap after posing as a taxi driver
- 4 Team behind Golden Triangle pub take on Edith Cavell in Norwich
- 5 Your chance to meet The Bill star who has moved to Norfolk
- 6 Major changes coming to the sale of domestic fuels
- 7 Party in the Park coming to Norwich with global food, stalls and music
- 8 Eleventh McDonald's drive-thru could be set for Norwich
- 9 Bread Source confirms location of new store
- 10 Riverside pub undergoes £80k refurb in time for summer
They would also like to speak to the occupants of a large 4x4 vehicle which travelled through the junction, in the direction of Norwich, seconds before the collision.
PC Steve Crowley said: 'The occupants of this vehicle may not even have been aware of the collision occurring behind them and it must be stressed that the driver of this vehicle was a witness and not in any way involved in the collision.'
Anyone with information, should contact PC Crowley on 0845 456 4567.