Witness appeal after fatal Norfolk crash
Police have made a further appeal for witnesses to a fatal road crash to come forward.The road accident occurred at approximately 5.55pm on Saturday, March 20, on the B1150, North Walsham Road at Westwick, at a staggered crossroads for Swanton Abbott and Worstead.
Police have made a further appeal for witnesses to a fatal road crash to come forward.
The road accident occurred at approximately 5.55pm on Saturday, March 20, on the B1150, North Walsham Road at Westwick, at a staggered crossroads for Swanton Abbott and Worstead.
It involved a silver Astra, which was travelling towards North Walsham, and a blue Ford Fusion.
William James, 73, from Pound Lane Blofield, the driver of the Ford Fusion, suffered fatal injuries when his car overturned.
You may also want to watch:
A male passenger in his car also suffered head and internal injuries, while the Astra driver suffered minor injuries.
Officers would like to speak to anybody who witnessed the collision or the manner of driving of either vehicle prior to the accident.
- 1 Staff lose jobs at retailer Outfit with plans to close permanently
- 2 Wine bar collapse costs council £70k after lease blunder
- 3 £250,000 of cannabis found in two cars on A11
- 4 'Village would be worse without it' - Owner on plans for 17th century pub
- 5 Military personnel deployed to help N&N cope with Covid pressures
- 6 Inquest opens into death of 13-year-old Norwich girl
- 7 Full list of Norwich Market stalls open or delivering during lockdown
- 8 Norwich man admits supplying drugs to small group of friends
- 9 NHS asks 200 council staff to help in Norfolk hospitals
- 10 'Fighting every shift' - intensive care nurse's harrowing Covid video diary
They would also like to speak to the occupants of a large 4x4 vehicle which travelled through the junction, in the direction of Norwich, seconds before the collision.
PC Steve Crowley said: 'The occupants of this vehicle may not even have been aware of the collision occurring behind them and it must be stressed that the driver of this vehicle was a witness and not in any way involved in the collision.'
Anyone with information, should contact PC Crowley on 0845 456 4567.