Win tickets to see the first Mr Benn showing at Norwich Theatre Royal
The Evening News has teamed up with Norwich Theatre Royal to give away five family tickets to see the first showing of Mr Benn.
For 40 years, Mr Benn has been one of Britain's most popular children's characters thanks to the much-loved television series and books. Now he is taking to the stage to mark the anniversary in a brand new adventure which comes to Norwich Theatre Royal on May 30-31.
And the Evening News has teamed up with Norwich Theatre Royal to give our readers a chance to win five family tickets (two adults and two children) to see the first show.
It follows the story of Mr Benn who is an ordinary man living in an ordinary street who makes the same ordinary journey every day to his ordinary office until he gets an invitation to a fancy dress shop, which is overflowing with costumes. The shopkeeper then arrives and shows Mr Benn into a changing room which contains a special door leading to lots of adventures that could mean he is never ordinary again.
The production is packed with magic and music and is aimed at all the family. Based on the original character created by David McKee, it is being brought to the stage by Tall Stories - the creators of The Gruffalo and Room On The Broom.
For more information or to book online visit www.theatreroyalnorwich.co.uk
- 1 Former Norwich restaurant to be transformed into £1.5m food hall
- 2 Family living in city's 'worst' council house despair over new damp
- 3 See inside this 'stunning' £700k family home for sale in a Norwich suburb
- 4 Norwich City star and fan groups back call for drums at Carrow Road
- 5 Mum-to-be outraged after yobs vandalise 13 cars in suburb
- 6 Man refusing to pay rent for council flat over 16-year mould problem
- 7 Extra security measures approved for flats plagued by drug use
- 8 Norwich's tiniest pub completes facelift
- 9 'Torrid time' as insurance giant Marsh quits city centre
- 10 Graduate outraged after being handed tax bill for unoccupied student digs
How to enter:
To be in with a chance of winning this great prize, just answer the question below:
Which type of shop does Mr Benn visit?
A: Fancy dress shop
Terms and conditions:
The competition closes on Tuesday, May 24, 2011.The winner's name will be chosen at random from all the correct answers and the editor's decision is final. No cash alternative is available. The competition is open to adults aged 18 or over. The prize cannot be exchanged for a cash alternative or tickets for another show. The prize is five four-person tickets for Mr Benn on Monday May 30 at 1.30pm. Standard Archant competition rules also apply - follow the Terms & Conditions link on this website.