Win tickets to see the Buena Vista Social Club!
The Evening News has teamed up with the Norwich Theatre Royal, to give two lucky readers a pair of tickets to see the Buena Vista Social Club.
Some of Cuba's finest musicians are making heading back to Norwich Theatre Royal bringing pure musical heat and passion to the stage. The stalwarts of the Buena Vista Social Club make their welcome return on Saturday April 2 direct from Havana to present some of the smoothest sounds in music.
We have linked up with Norwich Theatre Royal to give away two pairs of tickets for this must-see night. Each winner will also receive a souvenir CD copy of the Buena Vista Social Club's legendary concert at Carnegie Hall.
On their return to Norwich Theatre Royal, a number of the Buena Vista musicians - together with a 15-piece band - will perform some of the finest Cuban music ever made.
Joining the band this year is Omara Portuondo who is one of the original Buena Vista members and won a Latin Grammy for the 2008 recording Gracias.
You may also want to watch:
Buena Vista was a members' club in Havana which held dances and musical activities becoming a popular place for musicians to meet and play during the Forties.
Nearly 50 years later – long after it had closed - it inspired a recording by Cuban musician Juan de Marcos Gonzalez and American guitarist Ry Cooder. They joined forces with a number of traditional musicians to put together an album which became a huge seller worldwide. This led to an award-winning documentary which, in turn, sparked a massive revival in traditional Latin American music.
- 1 Calls to stop major development in expanding village
- 2 Streets in Norwich close for car-free day
- 3 The roadworks you need to know about in Norwich this week
- 4 Impact of T-Rex trail revealed as sculptures leave city
- 5 'A very easy Brexit win' - Traders have say on imperial measures change
- 6 New sculpture trail launched for park near Norwich
- 7 Warning to others after mum breaks leg using park zip wire
- 8 Man arrested after assaulting three police officers outside Popworld
- 9 Bus routes affected by driver shortages in Norwich
- 10 What 45,000 new homes will mean for our city
How to enter:
To be in with a chance of winning this great prize, just answer the question below:
The Buena Vista Social Club celebrate the music of which country?
Terms and conditions :
The competition closes on Friday April 1, 2011.The winner's name will be chosen at random from all the correct answers and the editor's decision is final. No cash alternative is available. The competition is open to adults aged 18 or over. The prize cannot be exchanged for a cash alternative or tickets for another performance. Standard Archant competition rules also apply - follow the Terms & Conditions link on this website.