Win tickets to see acclaimed production Black Watch
- Credit: Archant
Multi-award-winning theatrical drama Black Watch is being staged at the UEA Sportspark later this month as part of the Norfolk and Norwich Festival and the university's 50th anniversary celebrations.
The National Theatre of Scotland's much acclaimed production will be staged for just five performances from April 17-20.
Since its premiere in 2006, Black Watch has received standing ovations and enjoyed sold-out performances everywhere it has appeared, nationally and internationally.
Hurtling from a pool room in Fife to an armoured wagon in Iraq, Black Watch is based on interviews conducted by Gregory Burke with former soldiers who served in Iraq. Viewed through the eyes of those on the ground, the production reveals what it means to be part of the legendary Scottish regiment, what it means to be part of the war on terror and what it means to make the journey home again.
Black Watch has played to tens of thousands of people across three continents and has garnered 22 awards in the UK, US and internationally. The production has also been broadcast on Radio 3, BBC Scotland and BBC4, alongside the Scottish BAFTA award-winning documentary, Black Watch: A Soldier's Story.
You may also want to watch:
t Going Out has teamed up with the Norfolk and Norwich Festival to giveaway five pairs of tickets to this stunning production that is set to be one of this year's festival highlights. For your chance to win simply answer the following question:
- 1 Tudor Stores reopens as manager resigns over safety fears
- 2 Caravan catches fire in Norwich
- 3 'It's very bad'-Trade decline frustration at stores as roadworks take place
- 4 How Norwich are you? Take our quiz to find out
- 5 Armed police called to reports of man with knife
- 6 Norwich mum and daughter duo shed 12st
- 7 Key route into city closes for a week for safety improvement work
- 8 Jets heard roaring over Norwich for training exercise
- 9 Five people spiked at three Norwich venues over the weekend
- 10 Family pays tribute to man killed after collision with double-decker bus
The Black Watch is a regiment most associated with…
t Send your answer, together with your name, address and telephone number, to Black Watch Competition, Going Out, Evening News, Prospect House, Rouen Road, Norwich NR1 1RE. Alternatively you can email your entry to: firstname.lastname@example.org
t Entries are limited to one per household and must arrive by 12pm on April 12.
t Winners will be drawn at random. Usual Archant competition rules apply.
t Black Watch performances take place at the UEA Sportspark from April 17-20 at 7.30pm, with a Saturday matinee performance at 2.30pm on April 20. Tickets, priced at £29.50 or £15 for the matinee, are available on 01603 766400 or online at www.nnfestival.org.uk.