Win tickets to Moscow City Ballet
Some of the world's most gifted dancers bring a classic fairytale ballet combining magic and romance to Norwich Theatre Royal later this month in na rproduction of Cinderella. Going Out is offering the chance to win a pair of tickets.
Some of the world's most gifted dancers bring a classic fairytale ballet combining magic and romance to Norwich Theatre Royal later this month.
The Moscow City Ballet will be performing the timeless tale of Cinderella from January 19-23 in a production which promises to be something special for dance-lovers.
Going Out has linked up with Norwich Theatre Royal to give away three pairs of tickets to the first night of the production on January 19 (7.30pm). Each of the winners will also receive some special Moscow City Ballet merchandise as a souvenir of their visit.
The traditional production follows the story of the servant girl whose life is made a misery by her family. With the help of a Fairy Godmother, Cinderella is transported to the glittering splendour of the Royal Ball. She has to leave at midnight and the Prince - dazzled by her beauty - decides he has to find her again.
You may also want to watch:
The Moscow City Ballet was formed in 1988 by the distinguished Russian choreographer Victor Smirnov-Golovanov. The highly-acclaimed ex-soloist from the Bolshoi Ballet is passionate about bringing the heritage of classic ballet to audiences all over the world.
The company also boasts some of the globe's most accomplished and artistic soloists all trained in the best traditions of Russian culture performing on some lavish beautiful sets.
- 1 Man charged with murder after fatal stabbing in Thorpe
- 2 City beer gardens heaving as lockdown eases and Norwich City promoted
- 3 Queues and tunes as life returns to city on Saturday after shops reopen
- 4 Eager shoppers queue for opening of 20-year-old's vintage clothing shop
- 5 Two Norwich fish and chip shops named among top 50 in the country
- 6 Norwich City fans gather at Carrow Road to celebrate promotion
- 7 Kill the Bill protestors take to Norwich streets
- 8 Man detained under mental health act after Norwich disturbance
- 9 Sweepers clean up in city after busy Saturday night - and punters behave
- 10 WATCH: Delighted Delia Smith leads Canaries fans in Emi Buendia sing song
Prokofiev's majestic and beautiful score will be performed by the Moscow Ballet Orchestra giving a majestic traditional feel to the performance.
t To be in with a chance of winning the fantastic prize, just answer the question below:
Q - Who composed Cinderella?
A - Mozart
B - Puccini
C - Prokofiev
t Just send your answer together with your name, address and telephone number to Cinderella Competition, Going Out, Evening News, Prospect House, Rouen Road, Norwich, NR11RE. Alternatively to can email your entry headed Cinderella Competition to email@example.com
t Usual Archant competition rules apply. Closing date: January 15. Prizes cannot be exchanged for a cash alternative or tickets for another show.
t Cinderella runs from January 19-23 at 7.30pm, and Thursday and Saturday matinees at 2.30pm. Tickets �29.50-�6, 01603 630000, www.theatreroyalnorwich.co.uk