Win tickets to Lost World of Mr Hardy
Once upon a time people made beautiful things like cane fishing rods and flies. One family did thjis best: Hardy's of Alnwick. The Lost World of Mr Hardy is a documentary about them. Going Out is offering the chance to attend a special Q&A screening.
Going Out has teamed up with Cinema City to offer two readers the chance to attend a special Q&A screening of the documentary The Lost World Of Mr Hardy on January 31.
Once upon a time people made things with their hands, beautiful, intricate items like cane fishing rods and exotic salmon flies. One company did this best - Hardy's of Alnwick.
They were loved the world over, their fishing tackle adored by royalty, maharajas and film stars alike. Their attention to detail and quality brought a sense of fulfilment and pride to the craftsmen who worked there.
Fifty-years of working at Hardy's created an incredible sense of community, and generations of families worked together. Now this has all but gone and we live in a world of mass production, globalisation and outsourcing.
- 1 City pub 'full of life again' after busy opening weekend
- 2 Teen slapped with six points on licence - but she can't even drive
- 3 Mystery over how grotty sofa ended up on garage roof
- 4 Vandals smash charity dinosaur trail T.rex and leave kebab in its mouth
- 5 Changes on the way for listed pub after plans given green light
- 6 Efforts step up to protect city park from development
- 7 Quaint 'tucked away' house is for sale for the first time in almost 30 years
- 8 Norfolk cheese restaurant is launching bottomless brunch this summer
- 9 Glimpses of Norwich week 25: a picture a day from a week in our fine city
- 10 Norfolk areas with the most and fewest Covid deaths in 2020 and 2021
Director Andy Heathcote's critically acclaimed documentary asks do we miss those days? Is there something special about the pride and feel of the handmade that suggests a missing need in our everyday life? The filmmaker will be present at the 5.15pm screening at Cinema City to answer questions.
t To win a pair of tickets, simply send your name and contact details to email@example.com. Entrants will be signed up for the Cinema City newsletter and will be entered into this exclusive draw for Going Out readers.
t Usual Archant competition rules apply. Closing date January 28.