Win tickets to Lost World of Mr Hardy
Once upon a time people made beautiful things like cane fishing rods and flies. One family did thjis best: Hardy's of Alnwick. The Lost World of Mr Hardy is a documentary about them. Going Out is offering the chance to attend a special Q&A screening.
Going Out has teamed up with Cinema City to offer two readers the chance to attend a special Q&A screening of the documentary The Lost World Of Mr Hardy on January 31.
Once upon a time people made things with their hands, beautiful, intricate items like cane fishing rods and exotic salmon flies. One company did this best - Hardy's of Alnwick.
They were loved the world over, their fishing tackle adored by royalty, maharajas and film stars alike. Their attention to detail and quality brought a sense of fulfilment and pride to the craftsmen who worked there.
You may also want to watch:
Fifty-years of working at Hardy's created an incredible sense of community, and generations of families worked together. Now this has all but gone and we live in a world of mass production, globalisation and outsourcing.
- 1 Mayhem at some petrol pumps - but how are other city garages faring?
- 2 SOLD! Royal Arcade goes for £2m MORE than guide price
- 3 Monster rats 'the size of cats' invade city - and get in via the LOO
- 4 This is where you can park for free in Norwich
- 5 New café serves a hundred customers in two hours on opening day
- 6 'Untouchable': People tell how Norwich killer left them in fear of their safety
- 7 Mayhem across city as drivers race to the petrol pumps
- 8 The Bill star reveals he has moved to Norfolk and why he loves it
- 9 Six new cafes and shops coming to Norwich
- 10 New flights from Norwich Airport to Jersey
Director Andy Heathcote's critically acclaimed documentary asks do we miss those days? Is there something special about the pride and feel of the handmade that suggests a missing need in our everyday life? The filmmaker will be present at the 5.15pm screening at Cinema City to answer questions.
t To win a pair of tickets, simply send your name and contact details to email@example.com. Entrants will be signed up for the Cinema City newsletter and will be entered into this exclusive draw for Going Out readers.
t Usual Archant competition rules apply. Closing date January 28.