Win tickets to Lost World of Mr Hardy
Once upon a time people made beautiful things like cane fishing rods and flies. One family did thjis best: Hardy's of Alnwick. The Lost World of Mr Hardy is a documentary about them. Going Out is offering the chance to attend a special Q&A screening.
Going Out has teamed up with Cinema City to offer two readers the chance to attend a special Q&A screening of the documentary The Lost World Of Mr Hardy on January 31.
Once upon a time people made things with their hands, beautiful, intricate items like cane fishing rods and exotic salmon flies. One company did this best - Hardy's of Alnwick.
They were loved the world over, their fishing tackle adored by royalty, maharajas and film stars alike. Their attention to detail and quality brought a sense of fulfilment and pride to the craftsmen who worked there.
You may also want to watch:
Fifty-years of working at Hardy's created an incredible sense of community, and generations of families worked together. Now this has all but gone and we live in a world of mass production, globalisation and outsourcing.
- 1 Fresh questions over 'Japanese restaurant' in Norwich home
- 2 Contact tracers report pair to police for ignoring self-isolation
- 3 New owners of hairdressers plan to buy out 10 salons in six months
- 4 ITV Anglia News presenter Jonathan Wills leaving after 13 years
- 5 Legal charity to move into part of disused city pub
- 6 ‘We miss the hustle and bustle’ - Norwich shoppers long for lockdown end
- 7 9 of the best farm shops in Norfolk
- 8 Woman tried to smuggle drugs into jail in trousers
- 9 The Norwich pub quiz: do you know your locals?
- 10 Roads to shut as end of £2.5m street revamp work nears
Director Andy Heathcote's critically acclaimed documentary asks do we miss those days? Is there something special about the pride and feel of the handmade that suggests a missing need in our everyday life? The filmmaker will be present at the 5.15pm screening at Cinema City to answer questions.
t To win a pair of tickets, simply send your name and contact details to firstname.lastname@example.org. Entrants will be signed up for the Cinema City newsletter and will be entered into this exclusive draw for Going Out readers.
t Usual Archant competition rules apply. Closing date January 28.