Win tickets to Lost World of Mr Hardy
Once upon a time people made beautiful things like cane fishing rods and flies. One family did thjis best: Hardy's of Alnwick. The Lost World of Mr Hardy is a documentary about them. Going Out is offering the chance to attend a special Q&A screening.
Going Out has teamed up with Cinema City to offer two readers the chance to attend a special Q&A screening of the documentary The Lost World Of Mr Hardy on January 31.
Once upon a time people made things with their hands, beautiful, intricate items like cane fishing rods and exotic salmon flies. One company did this best - Hardy's of Alnwick.
They were loved the world over, their fishing tackle adored by royalty, maharajas and film stars alike. Their attention to detail and quality brought a sense of fulfilment and pride to the craftsmen who worked there.
Fifty-years of working at Hardy's created an incredible sense of community, and generations of families worked together. Now this has all but gone and we live in a world of mass production, globalisation and outsourcing.
- 1 Former Norwich restaurant to be transformed into £1.5m food hall
- 2 Man refusing to pay rent for council flat over 16-year mould problem
- 3 Family living in city's 'worst' council house despair over new damp
- 4 Parking charges at city parks has raised £0
- 5 Norwich's tiniest pub completes facelift
- 6 Mum has foot run over in incident with foul-mouthed driver
- 7 Extra security measures approved for flats plagued by drug use
- 8 Bottomless brunch with 90s act, fried chicken and cocktails heading to city
- 9 Norwich City star and fan groups back call for drums at Carrow Road
- 10 Five street food vendors doing residencies in Norwich pubs
Director Andy Heathcote's critically acclaimed documentary asks do we miss those days? Is there something special about the pride and feel of the handmade that suggests a missing need in our everyday life? The filmmaker will be present at the 5.15pm screening at Cinema City to answer questions.
t To win a pair of tickets, simply send your name and contact details to firstname.lastname@example.org. Entrants will be signed up for the Cinema City newsletter and will be entered into this exclusive draw for Going Out readers.
t Usual Archant competition rules apply. Closing date January 28.