Win tickets to Funny Peculiar at Norwich Theatre Royal
Prepare for some near-the-knuckle gags and dozens of double-entendres as a host of soap and TV stars take to the Norwich Theatre Royal stage in the revival of a classic comedy.
We have joined up with Norwich Theatre Royal to give you a prize that is guaranteed to make you shriek with laughter. Five prize winners will win a pair of tickets to see the show on Monday April at 30 at 7.30pm.
Mike Stott's award-winning Funny Peculiar stars soap favourite Craig Gazey who played Graeme Proctor in Coronation Street – which helped him win the Best Newcomer gong in the National Television Awards.
He joins an all-star cast in the comedy, which runs from April 30 to May 5 and also stars Vicky Entwistle, who played the feisty Janice Battersby in Coronation Street.
The cast also includes Gemma Bissix who has starred in both Hollyoaks and EastEnders, and Steven Blakeley who was a hit in ITV's Sunday night TV favourite Heartbeat.
The play follows the story of small-town grocer Trevor Tinsley who seems to have it all with a devoted wife and a new baby. Unfortunately, he gets tempted by the charms of his next-door neighbour prompting a host of misadventures bringing him into conflict with his strait-laced community.
John Bultitude, of Norwich Theatre Royal, said: 'Mike Stott's comedies are renowned for celebrating the humour of everyday life and this is no exception. Expect some real laugh-out-loud moments and the chance to relish in the misadventures of some true British characters.
- 1 City teen named Ikea drops furniture brand as first name
- 2 Norwich chippy ranked as one of best in UK
- 3 Neighbourhood bemused after garage turned into barber shop
- 4 Customers in shock as parking charges rack up at retail park
- 5 'It would mean everything to get it back': Heartfelt plea to reunite widow with engagement ring
- 6 Former City defender Klose training with Championship club
- 7 Smokehouse launches takeaway Sunday roasts with loaded Yorkshire puddings
- 8 'Normal is nerve-wracking': City bosses' plan to keep masks despite rules
- 9 Arrest after man found with large quantity of cannabis and lock knife
- 10 How Covid restrictions will change in England this week
'Bear in mind, this does feature some near-the-knuckle comedy and is very much an adult show with some X-rated themes, so leave the kids at home.'
Funny Peculiar is at Norwich Theatre Royal from Monday April 30 to Saturday May 5, with performances at 7.30pm, plus and Wednesday and Saturday matinees at 2.30pm. Tickets �5.50-�22. Contains some strong language and adult humour, and is not suitable for children. Discounts for Friends, Corporate Club and groups. Box office: 01603 630000 and www.theatreroyalnorwich.co.uk.
How to enter:
To be in with a chance of winning, answer the following question correctly -
In which TV soap did Vicky Entwistle play Janice Battersby?
B) Coronation Street
Click the link at the top of the next column to enter.
Terms and conditions:
This competition closes at noon on Monday April 16. Tickets cannot be exchanged for a cash alternative or tickets for another show. Standard Archant competition rules apply - follow the Terms & Conditions link on this website.