Win tickets to Funny Peculiar at Norwich Theatre Royal
Prepare for some near-the-knuckle gags and dozens of double-entendres as a host of soap and TV stars take to the Norwich Theatre Royal stage in the revival of a classic comedy.
We have joined up with Norwich Theatre Royal to give you a prize that is guaranteed to make you shriek with laughter. Five prize winners will win a pair of tickets to see the show on Monday April at 30 at 7.30pm.
Mike Stott's award-winning Funny Peculiar stars soap favourite Craig Gazey who played Graeme Proctor in Coronation Street – which helped him win the Best Newcomer gong in the National Television Awards.
He joins an all-star cast in the comedy, which runs from April 30 to May 5 and also stars Vicky Entwistle, who played the feisty Janice Battersby in Coronation Street.
The cast also includes Gemma Bissix who has starred in both Hollyoaks and EastEnders, and Steven Blakeley who was a hit in ITV's Sunday night TV favourite Heartbeat.
You may also want to watch:
The play follows the story of small-town grocer Trevor Tinsley who seems to have it all with a devoted wife and a new baby. Unfortunately, he gets tempted by the charms of his next-door neighbour prompting a host of misadventures bringing him into conflict with his strait-laced community.
John Bultitude, of Norwich Theatre Royal, said: 'Mike Stott's comedies are renowned for celebrating the humour of everyday life and this is no exception. Expect some real laugh-out-loud moments and the chance to relish in the misadventures of some true British characters.
- 1 'An insult to the city': Couple ditch 'hellhole' hotel after 45 minutes
- 2 Hundreds give amazing send-off to well-loved supermarket worker
- 3 Former Norwich boxing champion banned from contacting ex-partner
- 4 What next for The Birdcage in Norwich?
- 5 Road cleared after overturned lorry on A47/A11 Thickthorn roundabout
- 6 Elton John to kick off UK leg of farewell tour at Carrow Road
- 7 Norwich bar named among 30 best cocktail spots in UK
- 8 Car collides with bus near petrol station on Dereham Road
- 9 Historic railway platform building could be demolished in station revamp
- 10 Neighbours of award-winning council estate blighted by rubbish and rats
'Bear in mind, this does feature some near-the-knuckle comedy and is very much an adult show with some X-rated themes, so leave the kids at home.'
Funny Peculiar is at Norwich Theatre Royal from Monday April 30 to Saturday May 5, with performances at 7.30pm, plus and Wednesday and Saturday matinees at 2.30pm. Tickets �5.50-�22. Contains some strong language and adult humour, and is not suitable for children. Discounts for Friends, Corporate Club and groups. Box office: 01603 630000 and www.theatreroyalnorwich.co.uk.
How to enter:
To be in with a chance of winning, answer the following question correctly -
In which TV soap did Vicky Entwistle play Janice Battersby?
B) Coronation Street
Click the link at the top of the next column to enter.
Terms and conditions:
This competition closes at noon on Monday April 16. Tickets cannot be exchanged for a cash alternative or tickets for another show. Standard Archant competition rules apply - follow the Terms & Conditions link on this website.