Win Precious tickets and goodies
Going Out has teamed up with Cinema City to offer two readers the chance to win tickets to see the Oscar tipped - and GO five-star rated - film Precious, plus merchandise, including a film poster and a copy of novel on which it is based.
Going Out has teamed up with Cinema City to offer two readers the chance to win tickets to see the Oscar tipped - and Going Out five-star rated - film Precious, plus merchandise, including a film poster and a copy of novel on which it is based.
Adapted from the bestselling novel Push by Sapphire, Precious tells the inspirational story of a Harlem girl whose struggle embodies America's downtrodden youth.
Pregnant by her drug-addicted father with her second child and taunted over her obesity and illiteracy by her peers, Clareece 'Precious' Jones's life is one of unimaginable trauma and heartache. But when she is invited to an alternative school by a social worker (Mariah Carey), she discovers hope in the support around her. Encouraged not tormented, she becomes determined to turn her life around.
You may also want to watch:
The bold direction and a brave central performance from newcomer Sidibe have been stirring expectation since Sundance 2009. Anyone who writes off Precious does so at their own peril; this is set to be one of the year's big cinematic surprises and a serious awards contender.
- 1 Alan Carr enjoys 'delicious food' and leaves large tip at city restaurant
- 2 'Disaster from start to finish': Parents slam school for failing kids
- 3 See how Norwich Castle's keep is being transformed
- 4 'I don't feel safe' - Boss' fears just one month into shop job
- 5 Family piano shop founded in 1887 is leaving the city
- 6 Schoolchildren still without playing field after TWO YEARS
- 7 Tributes paid to 'amazing' Norwich shop worker
- 8 Power still out in parts of Norwich city centre six hours later
- 9 Power cut hits Norwich city centre
- 10 What might happen to former Debenhams store in city centre?
t To win tickets and goodies, simply send your name and contact details, marked Precious Competition, to email@example.com. Entrants will be signed up for the Cinema City newsletter and will be entered into this exclusive draw for Going Out readers.
t Usual Archant competition rules apply. Closing date February 4 .