Wildlife volunteers needed in Norfolk
Sarah BrealeyThe charity which looks after some of Norfolk's most beautiful spots is looking for volunteers to help visitors and look after wildlife.Sarah Brealey
The charity which looks after some of Norfolk's most beautiful spots is looking for volunteers to help visitors and look after wildlife.
Norfolk Wildlife Trust is looking for new volunteers to help out from Easter through the summer, between 10am and 5pm on some of its nature reserves and in visitor centres.
It already has 600 volunteers throughout the year, who save the trust thousands of pounds. Now volunteer supervisors are needed at Hickling and Ranworth Broads to look after the keys, manage other volunteers and help with visitors. Hickling, a nature reserve with the largest expanse of open water in the Broads, is also short of a qualified boat operator.
At Holme Dunes on the north Norfolk coast, which is a popular birdwatching spot, and at Weeting Heath, near Thetford, volunteers are needed in visitor centres for day-to-day activities such as helping with visitors, retail sales and providing visitors with information about the wildlife on the nature reserve.
You may also want to watch:
At Foxley Wood, near Dereham, which is the county's largest remaining ancient woodland, volunteers are needed to meet and help visitors in the bluebell season, on weekends in late April and the beginning of May.
Deputy director Matt Bradbury said: 'By offering your time to help in the visitor centres or at Foxley Wood, you will be playing an important role in Norfolk Wildlife Trust's efforts to promote and protect Norfolk's wildlife.'
- 1 'Dream come true': Norwich restaurant wins national award
- 2 Norwich man convicted of murder boasts of mutilating 'up to 30' cats
- 3 'Our lives are being destroyed': Neighbours' despair over noisy students
- 4 Pupil taken to hospital after incident at Thorpe St Andrew school
- 5 Mum's pleas to move house denied despite GP's concerns over wellbeing
- 6 Should straight people go into queer clubs and bars?
- 7 Man found dead at Thorpe St Andrew home
- 8 'The final straw' - Bakery fears closure over council plans
- 9 Norwich man wanted by police
- 10 See inside this quirky bungalow for sale near Norwich railway station
Visit www.norfolkwildlifetrust.org.uk or call Lesley on 01603 625540. Role descriptions and application forms can be downloaded from the website.