Why city's lions are under wraps
Sam EmanuelNorwich City Hall's famous lions have been covered up today as part of a charity's bid to highlight the plight of the big cats.Sam Emanuel
Norwich City Hall's famous lions have been covered up today as part of a charity's bid to highlight the plight of the big cats.
Lion Aid has been putting black shrouds on lion sculptures in iconic places across the UK to raise awareness of the 90pc decline in lions in the wild in just 50 years.
Norwich City Council is supporting the event, which started at 10am this morning and was attended by Norwich City Council leader Steve Morphew.
For pictures and the full story, see Monday's Evening News.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Shocking CCTV shows carer abusing woman with dementia
- 2 Six people arrested after man in 50s was stabbed in Norwich
- 3 Hethersett student offered place at prestigious music school
- 4 Work under way to build new Lidl alongside NDR
- 5 Police still at scene of daylight knife attack
- 6 Office plan revealed for part of disused city pub
- 7 Traffic shake-ups put forward for four roads in Norwich
- 8 Warnings for snow and ice in place across region
- 9 Fired twice in two months: Events boss feels the pain of Covid
- 10 Man seriously injured after crash