Why city's lions are under wraps
Sam EmanuelNorwich City Hall's famous lions have been covered up today as part of a charity's bid to highlight the plight of the big cats.Sam Emanuel
Norwich City Hall's famous lions have been covered up today as part of a charity's bid to highlight the plight of the big cats.
Lion Aid has been putting black shrouds on lion sculptures in iconic places across the UK to raise awareness of the 90pc decline in lions in the wild in just 50 years.
Norwich City Council is supporting the event, which started at 10am this morning and was attended by Norwich City Council leader Steve Morphew.
For pictures and the full story, see Monday's Evening News.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Brother and sister found dead in their home are named
- 2 Why is it so difficult to buy bottled water?
- 3 Comedian Rufus Hound on the hunt for hotel in Norwich
- 4 Neighbours' horror after two people found dead in 'peaceful close'
- 5 'Music, food and motor cars': Festival set to return to Norwich
- 6 Twin Bakes sell out of treats during first pop-up sale
- 7 Parts of busy Norwich road to be shut for three days for repairs
- 8 Every Norfolk primary school rated as 'Outstanding'
- 9 See artist's fascinating pictures of Norwich's Castle Mall construction
- 10 Norwich pub to temporarily close this summer because of 'pingdemic'