Whatever your style there’s a trouser shape to suit you
It's the year of the trouser and with so many styles to choose from it's easy to find a pair to suit you. By Emma Harrowing.
It seems as if the skinny jean has been at the forefront of trouser fashion for years. Last year when the 70s revival tried to bring back flares we wouldn't be prised out of our skin tight denim.
We dabbled with the harem pants but couldn't find a pair that didn't make us look like 90s rapper MC Hammer and we fell in love with leggings, which became our main wardrobe staple.
Now it seems that you are getting braver when it comes to trouser trends as cropped, palazzo, chino, wide leg, bootleg and high waisted styles are topping the style stakes this spring.
Flared jeans are also a big trend this year. Thanks to the 70s inspired cropped chiffon printed blouses and wedge peep toes high waisted flares have become easier to wear and are a godsend if you are top heavy or a little bit bigger on the hips. For those that don't like the full on flare the bootleg will also balance out your hips and would look stylish with 70s accessories.
You may also want to watch:
If you love the 70s bohemian vibe printed trousers and wide leg palazzo styles will look great with a plain vest top and a pair of oversized sunglasses, or for those that like a classic style a pair of wide leg white or navy trousers worn with a stripy T-shirt will have you jumping on board the nautical trend.
Then there are the ankle skimming chinos and the new shape harem pants (which are much more forgiving than their predecessors) which can be worn with a simple T-shirt and this season's must-have fitted blazer for those that love the laid back yet quirky preppy look.
- 1 Six schools in Norwich area closed or partly shut due to Covid-19 cases
- 2 Norwich water supply hit for second day running
- 3 'There was a massive bang' - Fire outside Norwich coffee shop
- 4 Junkyard Market is returning to Norwich for Christmas
- 5 Jailed in Norfolk this week: a corrupt police officer and a domestic abuser
- 6 A Botanical Garden Bar and Christmas market is heading to Norwich
- 7 'Heartless' fraudster stole from elderly hospital patients
- 8 Water outages hit homes across city
- 9 What a Boost - chocolate box business thrives amid demand for postal treats
- 10 Teenager suffers stab wounds in fight in Norwich
For those that love their skinnies you will be pleased to know that this style is still on the fashion radar and more daring looks such as brightly coloured, leather and patterned skinny jeans have given this fashion staple a bit of a spring makeover.
It seems whatever your style there is a trouser shape to suit and if you are undecided as to what is your favourite look why not experiment with all the different styles to find your perfect pair of trousers that will see you through the summer.
Click on the trouser fashion photo gallery on the top right of this page to find a pair of trousers to suit you.