What to wear for the wedding of the year
It's not just Kate Middleton who has had the arduous task of deciding what to wear for her big day; the guests must also be trying to find the perfect outfit for the wedding of the year. Emma Harrowing gives her tips on what key looks that are befitting to any wedding this year, royal or otherwise.
In less than 24 hours all eyes will be on Kate Middleton as she walks down the aisle at Westminster as the speculation over her wedding dress will come to an end. But if you are invited to a wedding (royal or not) finding the perfect wedding outfit can sometimes be a challenge.
This spring and summer there are many different looks you can go for. Dresses and trouser suits are both very much on-trend and so there are many to choose from in the shops.
If you like to make a statement this season's bright colours are perfect for you. Look for a brightly coloured floral cocktail dress if you want to create curves or a block colour empire line maxi if you want to hide your tummy or hips.
For those who like to look classically understated go for this season's neutral of white. Instead of a dress, go for summer's take on the suit with a pair of white wide leg trousers and a white fitted waistcoat worn on its own or over a blouse if you want to hide your arms. If you prefer to wear a dress, a classic monochrome print shift dress with a cropped jacket or cardigan will give you understated style.
If you like to look as if you have your finger on the fashion pulse this spring and summer's love for 1970s style will instantly win you fashion points at the reception. Team a pleated dress or maxi dress with a big floppy hat and a pair of platform sandals to bring a touch of peace and love to the proceedings.
For men the grey suit rules this year and it doesn't really matter if you go for a single or double breasted jacket. Wear with a white shirt and block colour tie for a classic look or add a touch of 1970s style with a paisley print shirt.
- 1 5 new shop openings in Norwich to look forward to
- 2 Police called after sudden death at home near Norwich
- 3 Landlady 'hard at work' as city pub prepares for July reopening
- 4 Peter Crouch speaks on bid to track down his 'Norfolk husband'
- 5 Norwich Airport TUI flight delayed by 42 hours due to technical issue
- 6 Blanket ban: Standing room only for Simply Red fans
- 7 See inside 'stunning' flat overlooking Norwich Market
- 8 Can you spot yourself at the Simply Red gig at Earlham Park?
- 9 Mother heartbroken to find her child's grave in "unacceptable state"
- 10 Family sue Wetherspoon after man falls to death in city pub
Take a look at the Life Matters' photo gallery by clicking on the link at the top right hand side of this page to get some inspiration for your wedding outfit.